The best trades are often the ones you don't make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best trades are often the ones you don't make

Last week in my 16tm redraft, I offered Taylor Ward straight up for Mitch Keller. This is a daily lineup league and the guy I offered him to routinely hoards SPs, so it's not surprising that he flat out declined with no counter. His loss is my gain!

Post some offers you made that were thankfully rejected.

I offered Liover Peguero for Michael Conforto the first week of the season. The other guy dragged his feet for like two weeks, not rejecting it, but also not accepting it on the site, and I finally stopped making the offer and bugging him. He eventually contacted me to say he would do it, but that was just a couple of days before the formal announcement was made that he was out for the year and it was already clear that there was something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I offered Liover Peguero for Michael Conforto the first week of the season. The other guy dragged his feet for like two weeks, not rejecting it, but also not accepting it on the site, and I finally stopped making the offer and bugging him. He eventually contacted me to say he would do it, but that was just a couple of days before the formal announcement was made that he was out for the year and it was already clear that there was something wrong.
      That was nice of him to reconsider after news broke of his bad shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        That was nice of him to reconsider after news broke of his bad shoulder.
        Yeah, to be fair, at that point, the Boras line was that it was a minor deal and he was totally fine now and was talking to several teams, but it was pretty clear that was not the case with him not signing anywhere.

Comment

Glad I didn't trade Hunter Greene for a bag of crap ....oh wait, nevermind
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Yu'll get another chance here soon...
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I’d be very happy to trade you Greene for Grisham.

Shane Greene.

Comment

Shane Greene.
                likely a hunter

Comment

I’d be very happy to trade you Greene for Grisham.

Shane Greene.
                  Even Johnny Dickshot is not that gullible....i hope
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

10 team H2H points league. Mostly family members of a friend so I joined as the 10th.

I offered Rizzo for Ozuna bc I have Freeman/Alonso/Rizzo and could use a 6th OF. It's a n00b league with weird scoring cats (e.g., TB and no HR). He declined and Rizzo has been hot the last week.

It was auto-draft and I replaced half my team after the auction. As in the past he seems to pick up every player I drop: Ruiz, Yelich, JRod, Mahle, Ober

I knew he liked JRod and should have offered a trade. Live and learn.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      10 team H2H points league. Mostly family members of a friend so I joined as the 10th.

I offered Rizzo for Ozuna bc I have Freeman/Alonso/Rizzo and could use a 6th OF. It's a n00b league with weird scoring cats (e.g., TB and no HR). He declined and Rizzo has been hot the last week.

It was auto-draft and I replaced half my team after the auction. As in the past he seems to pick up every player I drop: Ruiz, Yelich, JRod, Mahle, Ober

I knew he liked JRod and should have offered a trade. Live and learn.
                      In a 10 team league I wonder what the difference is between the player you would have gotten back in a trade vs what you picked up off the wire?

I like JRod but if there are players like Yelich or Mahle on the wire (or better than those players since you dropped them to pick someone else up), seems like there might not be much difference in a trade return and a drop/add.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        In a 10 team league I wonder what the difference is between the player you would have gotten back in a trade vs what you picked up off the wire?

I like JRod but if there are players like Yelich or Mahle on the wire (or better than those players since you dropped them to pick someone else up), seems like there might not be much difference in a trade return and a drop/add.
                        True, however, at this point the WW has been picked pretty clean. For interest's sake, here's my team:

IF Nola Freeman Albies Arraez Estrada Franco Rizzo Alonso
                        OF Meadows McNeil Profar Sanchez Ward
                        B Seager
                        IL Tatis Urias
                        SP Gilbert Urquidy Megill Wright Gore Blackburn Kuhl Scherzer Rodon Kelly
                        RP Robertson Bard
                        IL SGray

Rizzo is my top performing hitter by far with 80 points. Rodon 97 Wright 95 Scherzer 94 on the pitching side. So my stretagy is SP-heavy with enough bats to have a full lineup every night.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Oh man. Yes. I was working out a trade in the first week of the season or so of my JRam + Santiago Espinal for A Mondesi + J Means and change. Phew, dodged a bullet on that one!

Comment

Working...
                          X