Terrible offers thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Yuck. Offer 1, JRod is doing better than Abreu and Berrios has not been great. Both could bounce back sure, but if the going rate is a stud and two solid players for a stud futures prospect, well, both these guys are contributing now.

Offer 2, Bard has been better than Chapman, who's also now dealing with an achilles issue. Not yucky terrible, but not great. Reynolds has also been crap.
    I would not even do Offer 1 for J-Rod alone. One of the worst offers I've ever gotten, I think. I do want to trade Gorman, though, since I have concerns about his crazy K rate. But with offers like these, I guess I'll be holding.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I thought you were a big "buy low" guy.
      Sure, I'd buy Reynolds low. But Bard and Cortes have been great, so not sure that's buying him low. Plus, they both have great contracts here. And Gorman just showed up after crushing AAA, and with Chapman's injury and two bullpenners lurking behind him, this isn't a buy low. Maybe if he could get him for draft picks?

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        I would not even do Offer 1 for J-Rod alone. One of the worst offers I've ever gotten, I think. I do want to trade Gorman, though, since I have concerns about his crazy K rate. But with offers like these, I guess I'll be holding.
        If that's the case, maybe offer Gorman for Woodruff & Reynolds?

Comment

Sure, I'd buy Reynolds low. But Bard and Cortes have been great, so not sure that's buying him low.
          Brandon Woodruff is in this deal right? A couple months ago he'd be the centerpiece I'm not sure we can just ignore him. His peripherals look good and he's another buy low. This is a triple buy low deal.

I personally would not do it, and I understand some angst but it's possible we look back in a few months and the players in the "get" column in offer 2 are better than the "give".

Gorman has his K issues, Bard is a closer for Colorado and it wasn't long ago he had very, very little value on this board, and Cortes was just cut by Seattle less than 2 years ago.

I would personally value the Cortes/Gorman/Bard higher right now, but I could definitely see a team with a sell high buy low plan thinking this is a great deal.

Comment

If that's the case, maybe offer Gorman for Woodruff & Reynolds?
            Yeah, I'd probably do that deal maybe. I'm not too enamored with Reynolds, frankly, but would love to buy low on Woodruff if possible. He has some other options that I am okay with but not sure I'm going to invest a lot of energy in dealing with this guy, honestly. He's one of those "I'm interested in Gorman, but actually he's a totally shitty player and you should be thankful that I'm willing to take him off of your hands" type of trader.

Gorman is generating a ton of interest so if I do trade him I should be able to get a nice return.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Brandon Woodruff is in this deal right? A couple months ago he'd be the centerpiece I'm not sure we can just ignore him. His peripherals look good and he's another buy low. This is a triple buy low deal.

I personally would not do it, and I understand some angst but it's possible we look back in a few months and the players in the "get" column in offer 2 are better than the "give".

Gorman has his K issues, Bard is a closer for Colorado and it wasn't long ago he had very, very little value on this board, and Cortes was just cut by Seattle less than 2 years ago.

I would personally value the Cortes/Gorman/Bard higher right now, but I could definitely see a team with a sell high buy low plan thinking this is a great deal.
              He is, but Bene said his contract was expiring (as is Chapman).

I don't think this is a bad offer, and you're right, Bard & Cortes can go back to being the real Bard & Cortes next week. But obviously, the dumper wants them too. I'm not sold on Chapman being that good any longer (but a save is a save), and Cortes looks like the real deal even if he was a journeyman just last year.

I'd do the counter I proposed, Gorman for Woodruff & Reynolds. Maybe if asked, throw in a pick or lower level prospect.

Comment

Aroldis to the IL

Comment

AL only, 12 teams. 10 farm spots.

I was offered Mize $5A + 1st rd pick for my Mullins $9B.

Mullins is a stud, under $10 and extendable.

Mize is a pitcher with very low k rates and an injured elbow. 1st rd picks hold subjective value, but typically dealt for non-keepers (often a decent $30ish player but not a stud).

Am I overly offended here, or is it as ridiculous as it seems?
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    One thing I try to keep in mind with bad trade offers is that owners are often putting out lowball offers expecting a counter.
                    I think it's just this, not offensive.

Comment

I think it's just this, not offensive.
                      Perhaps my frustration lies in the sequence of events.

I'm sent an inquiry asking after my $25 Donaldson or my $34 Franmil.

I respond with a list of 5 players, none of which are Mize. I even offer to take back a guaranteed $10 Biggio through next year if it helps (a likely cut and $5 penalty).

No response.

He trades one of my targets (Mountcastle) for Abreu $31 and Lemahieu $18x and Zimmerman $4. Fine, he filled his holes.

Then comes back with the Mize + 1st for Mullins offer.

Poor communication. Why ask me who I'm after, then offer someone I didn't mention?
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Understood, sometimes it can be frustrating when the other team doesn't offer the players you have stated you are interested in. That said, I get probably 5 bad offers for every 1 decent one. From my experience that's just part of the game. Looks like you don't have a match that will work with this guy but I would not be offended.

Comment

Understood, sometimes it can be frustrating when the other team doesn't offer the players you have stated you are interested in. That said, I get probably 5 bad offers for every 1 decent one. From my experience that's just part of the game. Looks like you don't have a match that will work with this guy but I would not be offended.
                          Fair enough! Thanks for the quick responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            AL only, 12 teams. 10 farm spots.

I was offered Mize $5A + 1st rd pick for my Mullins $9B.

Mullins is a stud, under $10 and extendable.

Mize is a pitcher with very low k rates and an injured elbow. 1st rd picks hold subjective value, but typically dealt for non-keepers (often a decent $30ish player but not a stud).

Am I overly offended here, or is it as ridiculous as it seems?
                            In an AL only, I would assume Mullins is a 1st round-ish type. I don't really know the true value of a 1st rounder, but this seems like an offer to scoff at.

Comment

In an AL only, I would assume Mullins is a 1st round-ish type. I don't really know the true value of a 1st rounder, but this seems like an offer to scoff at.
                              Agreed - truly terrible offer that is more effective in closing negotiations off altogether than opening lines of communication.

Comment

This guy has sent me 4-5 laughable offers thus far, but this is my favorite:

Kenley Jansen for Camilo Doval and MacKenzie Gore

H2H points league where closers aren't super important, but starting pitchers are huge. And it's a keeper league where Gore can be kept 4 more years (at $5-10-15-20).

Comment

Working...
                                X