2K22: Humidor Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K22: Humidor Effect

MJ noted that Runs/Gm is way down over previous Aprils.

HR% is also WAY down, from 3.3% in 2021 to 2.4% through 4/25/22, a 27% decrease.

Yes, it seems pretty evident now with the data.

Questions going forward are - how sticky is this - will they keep the ball/humidor the same?

If it sticks, who benefits and who suffers? It seems like guys who suffered in the past with the longball, like Kyle Wright and Dylan Bundy, approve.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Yes, it seems pretty evident now with the data.

Questions going forward are - how sticky is this - will they keep the ball/humidor the same?

If it sticks, who benefits and who suffers? It seems like guys who suffered in the past with the longball, like Kyle Wright and Dylan Bundy, approve.
      Yup - who benefits? Who doesn't? I would assume guys who didn't hit the ball far in '21 but had a decent amount of HRs would be the most susceptible to loss, and the reverse for the pitchers, such as the two you mentioned.

I would love to see a list of those who had 20+ HRs in '21 ranked by Avg Distance per Flyball, if such a stat exists

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Yup - who benefits? Who doesn't? I would assume guys who didn't hit the ball far in '21 but had a decent amount of HRs would be the most susceptible to loss, and the reverse for the pitchers, such as the two you mentioned.

I would love to see a list of those who had 20+ HRs in '21 ranked by Avg Distance per Flyball, if such a stat exists
        This may help on the HR side?

Comment

also this one:

Comment

Ha, was just looking at that exact stat for '21.

Doubters 2021
            Castellanos 21
            Harper 20
            Harrison 19
            Albies19
            Edman 17

So far it hasn't affected two of those 5, lol.

Comment

Grisham and Semien scare me.

Comment

The leaguewide BA through yesterday was .231.

That would be the lowest in MLB history, beating 1968, the year pitching so dominated that they had to lower the mound, by SIX POINTS.

Comment

Is MiLB using the same kind of balls (humidored)?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What changes when mlb teams lose 2 relievers next week? Make any difference?

Comment

Good question: less fresh arms is a negative, but two less borderline MLB pitchers is a positive? I’d guess it’s an overall negative for pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Good question: less fresh arms is a negative, but two less borderline MLB pitchers is a positive? I’d guess it’s an overall negative for pitching.
                        Agree.

I dont think the talent curve for middle relievers is very steep. The guys that are going back and forth between MLB and AAA (the 24th-28th guy on your roster) are very similar. That part of the curve is basically flat.

Like you alluded to above, it's not quality that's the factor it's quantity. Managers can afford to switch out their pitchers more and keep everyone fresh in the bullpen.

We will see slightly more runs in May IMO

Comment

We will see slightly more runs in May IMO
                          Let’s hope so, Ken. This is brutal. I don’t need football scores, but this is not great.

Comment

In my 3 leagues:

League 1: My .2523 BA leads the league
                            League 2: My .248 BA is 2nd. .255 leads the league
                            League 3: Offensive explosion! I lead the league w a .2726 BA. Very wide distribution, tho. Last place is .1941 and 3 others are below .220.

Comment

I actually just read that the 14-pitcher max was extended to May 29 (from May 2).

So maybe not?

Comment

Working...
                              X