No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spy on Netflix was exceelent. It's the true-life tale of Eli Cohen, an Arab-born Israeli who infiltrates Syria in the early 1960s. Sacha Baron Cohen is actually great as the lead.

Comment

• Watched the first 2 episodes of Treadstone on USA. Pretty decent if you enjoy the Bourne movies, although it has the same repeating premise (what? There was another MK-Ultra program, and there's more killer spies out there!?!?!)
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• how is that show NOT titled "Bourne Again" ?
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• So after two episodes, I'm pretty sure Watchmen totally sucks ass, but I guess I'm not 100% sure because I'm going to watch episode 3.

And I thought it would be fun to watch Netflix's Daybreak with my 9-year old, who loves zombie shows, but this one also blows chunks. Why do directors still believe breaking the Fourth Wall is a good idea? Psst, it's annoying as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            So after two episodes, I'm pretty sure Watchmen totally sucks ass, but I guess I'm not 100% sure because I'm going to watch episode 3.
            I’ve completely changed my tune on Watchmen. It’s confusing as all hell, with millions of flashbacks and scenes with little to no info, but I’ve grown to love it.

Comment

• My apologies if this show has already been covered in this thread, but any thoughts on Animal Kingdom?

I was reading a piece in The Athletic about how there are many NHL players that have taken to watching this series while on the road.

Comment

I’ve completely changed my tune on Watchmen. It’s confusing as all hell, with millions of flashbacks and scenes with little to no info, but I’ve grown to love it.
                And after saying this, the last few episodes really went off the rails. I don't think I've ever experienced a show quite like this. It's a rollercoaster of good and bad, and not sure I would recommend it at all.

Comment

And after saying this, the last few episodes really went off the rails. I don't think I've ever experienced a show quite like this. It's a rollercoaster of good and bad, and not sure I would recommend it at all.
                  I heard similar things but others seemed to enjoy the last episodes. I'll have to check it out.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• This isn't new, but The Leftovers is very entertaining. I've got a few more episodes to go.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Anyone watching Godfather of Harlem on Epix? I've only seen a couple of episodes, but it's fantastic. Forrest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio, Paul Sorvino, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        This isn't new, but The Leftovers is very entertaining. I've got a few more episodes to go.
                        The intro theme song for for Season 2 of The Leftovers introduced me to the wonderful Iris Dement.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          The intro theme song for for Season 2 of The Leftovers introduced me to the wonderful Iris Dement.

Yep me too.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Yep me too.
                            If you want to dig deeper:

"My Life" is the best country-music record no-ones ever heard of. When i'm in the mood, I can listen to that album and that voice on repeat all day.

"Infamous Angel" would be also if it wasn't for the horrible production and pacing. Everything is rushed and overproduced. The live versions of tracks from "Infamous Angel" are much better.

Comment

• Narcos is still compulsive viewing IMO

Looking forward to Season 2 of Altered Carbon next week!

Comment

funny, I thought it coalesced a lot at the end. Not sure I loved the direction it took, but I thought it was much more coherent.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X