Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Was bummed to hear they cancelled daredevil.
    They also cancelled Iron Fist & Luke Cage.

Comment

• Yet they're raising rates?!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        They also cancelled Iron Fist & Luke Cage.
        well... bringing Iron Fist back for a second season was enough of a travesty.

I think I'd rank them
        Jessica Jones 1
        Daredevil 1
        Daredevil 3
        Luke Cage
        Defenders
        Daredevil 2
        Jessica Jones 2
        Punisher 1
        Luke Cage 2
        ~
        ~
        ~
        ~
        ~
        ~
        Iron Fist 1

I never watched Iron Fist 2
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          well... bringing Iron Fist back for a second season was enough of a travesty.

I think I'd rank them
          Jessica Jones 1
          Daredevil 1
          Daredevil 3
          Luke Cage
          Defenders
          Daredevil 2
          Jessica Jones 2
          Punisher 1
          Luke Cage 2
          ~
          ~
          ~
          ~
          ~
          ~
          Iron Fist 1

I never watched Iron Fist 2
          Yes, Iron Fist sucked. And the actor who played Iron Fist sucked, which IMO killed the entire series. The Defenders was extremely disappointing. Because Netflix cancelled most of them, I've kinda given up on watching the ones I haven't yet (Daredevil 3, Iron Fist 2, Jessica Jones 2). I liked the first season of The Punisher, so I think I'll give the 2nd season a go soon.

Comment

Yes, Iron Fist sucked. And the actor who played Iron Fist sucked, which IMO killed the entire series. The Defenders was extremely disappointing. Because Netflix cancelled most of them, I've kinda given up on watching the ones I haven't yet (Daredevil 3, Iron Fist 2, Jessica Jones 2). I liked the first season of The Punisher, so I think I'll give the 2nd season a go soon.
            I feel like they all went on a bit too long. 8-10 episode seasons would have been better I think.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• JJ 1 was very good. JJ 2 was ok. Luke Cage 1 and Daredevil 1 were decent also. But I never felt compelled to watch anymore. I'll watch JJ 3. But I'm done with comic book movies and shows in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                JJ 1 was very good. JJ 2 was ok. Luke Cage 1 and Daredevil 1 were decent also. But I never felt compelled to watch anymore. I'll watch JJ 3. But I'm done with comic book movies and shows in general.
                I started watching Jessica Jones 2, but I was so bored after 3 episodes that it almost felt like I was watching out of obligation instead of enjoyment. That's usually the tell-tale sign for me to give up on a show.

Comment

It's great. I thought Season 2 was better than Season 1. Alex Borstein is the best.
                  She's amazing -- so is Tony Shalhoub. Great cast all the way around.

Comment

• Anyone watching The Kominsky Method? Funny and oddly moving, as well. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin are great. Can't believe Arkin is 84! And, as an aside, I had no idea that Kirk Douglas is still alive. 102!

Comment

I started watching Jessica Jones 2, but I was so bored after 3 episodes that it almost felt like I was watching out of obligation instead of enjoyment. That's usually the tell-tale sign for me to give up on a show.
                      Definitely nowhere near S1. But then again, that was a pretty high bar. Seems to be a recurrent thing with comic book stuff, as the origin story is usually the most interesting thing ... and of course, the S1 villain was next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        Anyone watching The Kominsky Method? Funny and oddly moving, as well. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin are great. Can't believe Arkin is 84! And, as an aside, I had no idea that Kirk Douglas is still alive. 102!
                        THis is very, very good. It has a really good touch to it - and Mrs Maisel was pretty good too.

Comment

• Binge watched Russian Doll last weekend and I really enjoyed it. Although if you didn't like groundhog day, avoid.

Comment

• I thought Russian Doll was too slow. Maisel is very good. However, if Shalhoub is so great, why is Monk unwatchable?

I would have loved Luke Cage, Daredevil, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, etc. as a teen. Now, not so much. JJ was better but the second season bogged down on the backstory. Iron Fist never worked. Defenders lacks a decent villan. Gotham is the best of the bunch unless you are a Punisher fan.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• A Das Boot reboot mini-series has been made, and it's getting very good reviews. Downloading as I type.

If you haven't seen the original 1981 film, it's absolutely spellbinding.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                A Das Boot reboot mini-series has been made, and it's getting very good reviews. Downloading as I type.

If you haven't seen the original 1981 film, it's absolutely spellbinding.
                                I highly recommend the 209 minute version
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X