No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been watching Ted Lasso and Squid Game, both of which are exceelent and dramatically different from one another.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Been watching Ted Lasso and Squid Game, both of which are exceelent and dramatically different from one another.
      Agree on all counts

Comment

• The Beatles: Get Back is most exceelently fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          The Beatles: Get Back is most exceelently fascinating.
          Good to read. I am looking forward to watching this.

Comment

• Watched Cowboy Bebop on Netflix.

It's a live version of an anime classic. half sci-fi, half film noir. Apparently it sucked because it's nothing like the Anime, misses all it's nuance, didn't focus on the right plot points, and was completely miscast (if you read anything from the multitude of anime fanboys) but I enjoyed it having never seen any of the source material. Not sure if it reached the standards of exceelence but i thought it was fun, created an interesting world and I'm looking forward to a season 2.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• we've been watching some well done shows lately - liking the short series format

Bodyguard, a british political thriller - very well done
              The Undoing, Nicole Kidman & Hugh Grant & Donald Sutherland, another thriller, fabulous acting, another well done short series
              Stateless, just started this one
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• A couple of interesting finds:

A Life of Crime: 1984-2020 -- I hadn't realized that this was an extension of an existing couple of docs, but if you've never seen those before, this doc is amazing and should be required watching for any teen. The film maker chose 4 sorry souls to focus on in 1984, and amazingly kept it up for 36 years, getting to know the main protagonists through their trials and tribulations of drug abuse and crime. Let's just say his choices were spot on. I understand he believed he had completed this in 2003, but was called back by one in 2010 and followed her for another decade.

The Defeated - I had never heard of this Netflix show, but it's on the docket for season 2, which is what I usually look for when getting involved in a new series. It stars Taylor Kitsch ("Friday Night Lights") and Michael C. Hall ("Dexter") about a Brooklyn detective who travels to Berlin in 1946 to help train the fledgling police department -- and look for his missing brother -- and discovers some vigilante justice being meted out. As a fellow Brooklynite, Kitsch's Brooklyn accent certainly needs, uhhh, some work, but it's good nonetheless.

Comment

• Death to 2021 on Netflix is one hour of satire that is a fun ride.

It mixes actual news footage with fictional characters. Those with thick skin will enjoy the mockery of both sides of the fence.

Kind of reminds me of out Hot Button Topic threads.

Comment

• Dexter: New Blood completed its comeback season last night and it was really, really good. No spoilers. If you enjoyed Dexter, you absolutely would love this season.

Comment

Dexter: New Blood completed its comeback season last night and it was really, really good. No spoilers. If you enjoyed Dexter, you absolutely would love this season.
                      I'm glad you came back around on this season. I thoroughly enjoyed it, front to back.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        I'm glad you came back around on this season. I thoroughly enjoyed it, front to back.
                        Yup, it gained steam after the first couple of episodes. It didn’t have the same charm and collection of characters as Dexter, but it was a great season nonetheless.

BTW - the ending is getting ravaged again by fans. I can understand. I felt they had three options, and they chose the one I wouldn’t have, but I can obviously understand why the fanbase would be disappointed

Comment

Yup, it gained steam after the first couple of episodes. It didn’t have the same charm and collection of characters as Dexter, but it was a great season nonetheless.

BTW - the ending is getting ravaged again by fans. I can understand. I felt they had three options, and they chose the one I wouldn’t have, but I can obviously understand why the fanbase would be disappointed
                          Good summation of my feelings, and good job keeping things vague and unspoiled.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            Good summation of my feelings, and good job keeping things vague and unspoiled.
                            LOl, thanks. If you look at the ratings on IMDB of Dexter's final season and this season of Dexter: New Blood, every episode gets between 8.5 - 9.6, then the finale gets <5.0.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              we've been watching some well done shows lately - liking the short series format

Bodyguard, a british political thriller - very well done
                              The Undoing, Nicole Kidman & Hugh Grant & Donald Sutherland, another thriller, fabulous acting, another well done short series
                              Stateless, just started this one
                              And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii will always love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuooowoowooheeeeeooohooo ooouuuuuuuuuuu
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Mrs. Gregg and I binged on the Netflix series Stay Close.

It was a one season and done 8 one hour episodes. Had to get through the first one as they set up characters, little slow but worth it.

It wasn't Fargo good, but it had it's moments. Some fun twists and turns. You could do worse on a cold winter weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X