No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should add, the Das Boot reboot is not a remake, it's set after the allies had cracked the Enigma code, but before the Germans had any clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I should add, the Das Boot reboot is not a remake, it's set after the allies had cracked the Enigma code, but before the Germans had any clue.
      Where is this available?

Comment

• I downloaded it from a source I haven't used in a lonnnnnng time. It was German UK joint production, but I'm sure it'll find it's way to the usual outlets soon enough if you don't want to go there.

Comment

• Question for our Canadian junkies
          We have been enjoying the uneven weirdness of Schitts Creek and have a question.
          I the us when one of the stars talks about the show he can't mention it by name but on the Netflix version they swear and say fuck even.
          Is this acceptable on regular Canadian tv or how does it work?
          Last edited by swampdragon; 03-02-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            Question for our Canadian junkies
            We have been enjoying the uneven weirdness of Schitts Creek and have a question.
            I the us when one of the stars talks about the show he can't mention it by name but on the Netflix version they swear and say fuck even.
            Is this acceptable on regular Canadian tv or how does it work?
            if you're asking do we allow swearing on canadian tv, fuck no.

TBH it's been a long time since I watched regular tv but I'm pretty sure that during prime time it would get bleeped ... but I'm not sure.

I was surprised to see Schitts Creek advertised on a huge billboard in hollywood when we were there in Jan. I didn't think it had international appeal ... but I guess I was wrong!
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I have been re-watching Cheers. Forgot how damn funny that show was. I enjoy the years with Kirstie Alley more than Shelley Long, but up through year 8 there's barely a weak episode among the bunch.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I have been re-watching Cheers. Forgot how damn funny that show was. I enjoy the years with Kirstie Alley more than Shelley Long, but up through year 8 there's barely a weak episode among the bunch.
                One of the greatest sitcom casts ever combined with great writing. I plan to re-watch it myself soon.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "I'm going to steal your girlfriend Woody....."
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• My wife and I started watching Broadchurch on Saturday night. We have completed season one and are into the second episode of season two.

I am pretty sure this was discussed in this thread as the search sent me here. But after going backwards I bailed. Anyway this show is excellent. There are no weak spots from any of the actors. Filming is great, writing is great. It is must see tv for us.

I understand that it ends with season three and there will be no season four. It looks like this was the plan so it should not leave us hanging.

There are so many good performances I cannot choose my own best actor/actress for this show.

Comment

• It's probably been mentioned in this thread already but we've been watching Grace and Frankie and it's amazing. Jane Fonda and especially Lily Tomlin are absolutely hilarious and Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston do a great job, too. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        It's probably been mentioned in this thread already but we've been watching Grace and Frankie and it's amazing. Jane Fonda and especially Lily Tomlin are absolutely hilarious and Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston do a great job, too. Highly recommended.
                        I couldn't stomach beyond 1st season.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I couldn't stomach beyond 1st season.
                          Interesting. I actually think it gets a lot better in the 2nd and 3rd season but I loved the first, too.

Comment

• Finished off Luther last night. Good stuff - one of the more tense psycho-thriller type series I've watched recently.

edit: I meant to point out - lots of producers could learn from this show - more is not always better ...

season 3 (2013) was four one-hour episodes
                            season 4 (2015) was two (!) one-hour episodes
                            season 5 (2019) was four one-hour episodes
                            Last edited by TranaGreg; 04-10-2019, 08:57 AM.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• OTOH, this had to have been the worst season for The Walking Dead ever. Very disjointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                OTOH, this had to have been the worst season for The Walking Dead ever. Very disjointed.
                                I don't watch the show, but is this a zombie joke?
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X