Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    We watched the first two episodes of Sherlock. Really really fun. I would have been happy with just the first episode. Like watching a movie. Second one was also good. #3 is on deck for tonight.

I know it was mentioned in here but didn't want to scroll through 80 pages to find it.
    Sherlock starts out great.....I think the quality tapers off a little as it continues. But, hey, I'm just.....(counts).....one guy.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      I'm re-watching Deadwood before I watch the movie, and it is as awesome as I remember, those that doubt me suck cock by choice
      Since I have a pretty big blind spot for tv shows in the early 2000s I've been using Amazon Prime to remedy that. Deadwood was my latest choice and I just wrapped it up a month or so ago, oblivious to the fact that the movie was coming when I started. Haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet but I sure hope it wraps things up better than that limp finale the series puked up.

Comment

• Another great season of Stranger Things.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Another great season of Stranger Things.
          I was disappointed with season 2. I hated the overuse of powers for a nosebleed shtick... but it's been too long to remember other critiques. Very possible my high expectations hurt my final evaluation, since I loved the first season as much as everyone else.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            I was disappointed with season 2. I hated the overuse of powers for a nosebleed shtick... but it's been too long to remember other critiques. Very possible my high expectations hurt my final evaluation, since I loved the first season as much as everyone else.
            Well then you might not like season 3 either, as the nosebleeds are ubiquitous.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I like it. I don't love it. My family loves it.

The acting is great. I thought this season started a bit slow, but has now gotten interesting. I think we are through 3 episodes so far.

Comment

Well then you might not like season 3 either, as the nosebleeds are ubiquitous.
                And pervasive!

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Since I have a pretty big blind spot for tv shows in the early 2000s I've been using Amazon Prime to remedy that. Deadwood was my latest choice and I just wrapped it up a month or so ago, oblivious to the fact that the movie was coming when I started. Haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet but I sure hope it wraps things up better than that limp finale the series puked up.
                  my understanding is that it does....
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Just finished it last night. Agreed.

Comment

• Anyone watching "The Boys" on Amazon Prime? It’s about a world where corrupt, asshole superheroes are exploited for corporate gain. Damn good first episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Anyone watching "The Boys" on Amazon Prime? It’s about a world where corrupt, asshole superheroes are exploited for corporate gain. Damn good first episode.
                        Based on the comic book series written by Garth Ennis (Preacher). The series ran 72 issues and was well loved. Despite some superhero fatigue, I look forward to checking this one out.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I just watched the 3 new Black Mirror episodes, Black Mirror is 100% worth watching
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Anyone watching "The Boys" on Amazon Prime? It’s about a world where corrupt, asshole superheroes are exploited for corporate gain. Damn good first episode.
                            3 episodes watched Saturday night, 5 last night ....

I like short series, but I wish this one would have gone a few more episodes this season. I'm not sure what I think of it. I think I think it was really good, it's had an ongoing emotional impact, although I think the impact is a bit of despair. I'm not sure I could say I enjoyed it but I really want to see where it goes.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I just watched the 3 new Black Mirror episodes, Black Mirror is 100% worth watching
                              I started watching it again a couple of weeks ago. Really good stuff, but I can't get RJEL girl to watch any more of it after the first episode. I think if I was going to try to talk anyone into watching it, I'd suggest they skip that one.
                              Last edited by heyelander; 07-29-2019, 05:38 PM.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I just watched the 3 new Black Mirror episodes, Black Mirror is 100% worth watching
                                Of the new season, Striking Vipers was great, but the Miley Cyrus one was very mediocre. Of all the Black Mirror episodes I've seen, that was the worst one by far.

Comment

Working...
                                X