Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Mad Men is my favorite TV show. Is it in the conversation for the "greatest"? I think it should be.
    I have it #4 all-time behind The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Mad Men is my favorite TV show. Is it in the conversation for the "greatest"? I think it should be.
      I'd definitely include it in my Top 20 of all time, but not near the top. Its attention to historical detail was mind boggling, and you could literally pinpoint the exact date of the episode from some of the minutiae. There was one episode that had a smog outburst in NYC during Thanksgiving 1966; and one episode where they were reading a newspaper and read out loud the obit of an obscure Red Sox player (Pete Fox, July 5, 1966).

Comment

• Archer's back!
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Binge watched Russian Doll last weekend and I really enjoyed it. Although if you didn't like groundhog day, avoid.
          Started watching it, the first couple episodes were like Groundhog Day meets Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but now this other guy is involved, so hopefully it keeps its momentum.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• just finished watching The Knick over the past few weeks ... Should have gotten more attention, really well done, Clive Oven is awesome.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              just finished watching The Knick over the past few weeks ... Should have gotten more attention, really well done, Clive Oven is awesome.
              Agreed, that was great, shame it was cancelled. But apparently it's returning!

Per Wiki: In September 2020, Soderbergh confirmed that a new season of The Knick is in development led by Barry Jenkins and André Holland, who would return as his character Dr. Algernon C. Edwards, and that original creators Jack Amiel and Michael Begler have written a pilot episode.[5]
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Mrs. Gregg and I just finished our 3rd season of Chicago PD. We are really enjoying it. It seems to have gotten stronger as time as went on.

One of the things that we get a kick out of is seeing addresses and landmarks that we know or have experience with.

Comment

• Showtime announced that Dexter will return next year as a 10-episode limited series.

Comment

• RJEL girl started watching a show on FX called Soulmates that has the potential of destroying our relationship.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      RJEL girl started watching a show on FX called Soulmates that has the potential of destroying our relationship.
                      Delete FX. It's your only hope.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Showtime announced that Dexter will return next year as a 10-episode limited series.
                        My God, that last season was so bad. I don't know what to want or expect from new material, but they have a lot of work to overcome the trainwreck end of series.

The John Lithgow season was the peak. After that, his romance with his step-sister was a real jumping the shark plot line.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Mrs. Gregg and I just finished our 3rd season of Chicago PD. We are really enjoying it. It seems to have gotten stronger as time as went on.

One of the things that we get a kick out of is seeing addresses and landmarks that we know or have experience with.
                          I always wondered who was responsible for all those Chicago shows. Chicago Fire, Chicago Hope, Chicago PD. Now I know, it's been Gregg and Mrs. Gregg all these years. You must be filling out the right surveys.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Mrs. Gregg and I just finished our 3rd season of Chicago PD. We are really enjoying it. It seems to have gotten stronger as time as went on.

I live in the epicenter of the Housewives of New Jersey belt. am told there are local highway signs and stores in every episode.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              I always wondered who was responsible for all those Chicago shows. Chicago Fire, Chicago Hope, Chicago PD. Now I know, it's been Gregg and Mrs. Gregg all these years. You must be filling out the right surveys.
                              Good one.

I have no idea why it took so long for us to try Chicago PD.

I have no interest in Chicago Hope. Not sure if I even want to try Chicago Fire that would only be a mild maybe.

I can tell you that when Chicago PD crosses story lines with Fire or Hope in a cheap attempt and making us watch them, it is very off putting. It actually makes me resist watching the other two.

Comment

Good one.

I have no idea why it took so long for us to try Chicago PD.

I have no interest in Chicago Hope. Not sure if I even want to try Chicago Fire that would only be a mild maybe.

I can tell you that when Chicago PD crosses story lines with Fire or Hope in a cheap attempt and making us watch them, it is very off putting. It actually makes me resist watching the other two.
                                Fight the good fight, Gregg!
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X