Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Escape at Dannemora is most exceelent
    Benicio Del Toro and Paul Dano ... count me in. Don't even need to know what it's about.

Comment

• The newest Black Mirror episode, Bandersnatch, is awesome, if you can view it on something that supports the interactive element
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Escape at Dannemora is most exceelent
        Enjoyed it up to episode 6, then it revealed itself as some of the most misogynistic crap I've ever seen. They should have called it the Whore of Dannemora. Disgusting. Performances were terrific though.

Comment

• I just bingewatched Killing Eve which I enjoyed
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Condor is good if anyone is looking for a political intrigue suspense drama.

Better Call Saul is back, and brilliant as ever.

The Terror is terrific if you're looking for a mini series without any long term commitment.

Ozark season 2 is upcoming, and looking forward to that ... highly recommend season 1 on Netflix.

Also from Netflix, Jessica Jones (S2) and The Alienist were good

Goliath (Amazon) is one strange f**king series, I don't even know, but it keeps me watching.
            We are about 4 episodes in to the Alienist. It is good. But the filming is spectacular!

My wife read that it is all shot in Budapest. 1896 New York City found in Budapest. Jaw dropping.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Enjoyed it up to episode 6, then it revealed itself as some of the most misogynistic crap I've ever seen. They should have called it the Whore of Dannemora. Disgusting. Performances were terrific though.
              Well, it was based off a true story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                We are about 4 episodes in to the Alienist. It is good. But the filming is spectacular!

My wife read that it is all shot in Budapest. 1896 New York City found in Budapest. Jaw dropping.
                Yeah, they really caught the mood The Alienist. Felt really authentic.

Comment

Well, it was based off a true story.
                  Yeah. And I have big problems with the veracity of their interpretation. Especially the portrayal of the female lead. Somehow this was all her fault because of her promiscuity. If she wasn't such an unrepentant grotesque whore, none of this would have happened. The whole series started with her, and ended with her. They even tried to paint her ex-husband as a innocent victim of the Whore of Dannemora ... clearly such a nice guy given that he completely abandoned his 6 year old son because he didn't want to pay child support. What a great character witness on which to end the series. What sort of man abandons his kid? According this show, a hero.

The fact that her infidelity was given equal measure to the murdering torturing antics of the two males leads in episode 6, and in fact given precedence, was a "WTF am I watching moment?". Whereas the male guard who delivered the tools, supposedly unaware, was just an innocent gormless fool.

I'm also curious about the political allusions underpinning this series. Some of these people were presented as beyond stupid, almost retarded. That was very striking. There was one particularly unsubtle moment near the end when they were listening to a Trump election speech while she was waiting to get arrested. There was also the stark contrast they wanted to draw between this "kind" of person, and the ultra-professional all-business female investigator. The big city coming to Hickville to sort this shit out.

Comment

• Well, given their prison sentences, the "innocent gormless fool" got 6 months, and the Whore got 7 years. So I think the law determined who was a bigger problem.

And yeah, you can argue that it was entirely her fault. Of course, the two inmates wanted to escape, but I suppose nearly all inmates do. So what made them different? They found a way out through her promiscuity, and used it to their advantage.

Have you seen interviews with the real characters involved? They're pretty spot on.

Comment

Well, given their prison sentences, the "innocent gormless fool" got 6 months, and the Whore got 7 years. So I think the law determined who was a bigger problem.

And yeah, you can argue that it was entirely her fault. Of course, the two inmates wanted to escape, but I suppose nearly all inmates do. So what made them different? They found a way out through her promiscuity, and used it to their advantage.

Have you seen interviews with the real characters involved? They're pretty spot on.
                      Pretty sure none of this would have happened if the prison had've done their job and patrolled the basement as they were supposed to do. They even left hammers and chisels in an unmonitored lockbox? What? These facts were mentioned / shown, then completely and conveniently ignored. Got in the way of their desired narrative.

Comment

• Narcos: Mexico was most exceelent. This season tells the story of DEA agent Kiki Camerena. I won't give away any other details.

Comment

Narcos: Mexico was most exceelent. This season tells the story of DEA agent Kiki Camerena. I won't give away any other details.
                          i bet I know how it ends

Comment

• Anyone watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? Very fun show.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              Anyone watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? Very fun show.
                              It's great. I thought Season 2 was better than Season 1. Alex Borstein is the best.

i bet I know how it ends
                              Well yeah, but his story is not as well known as Pablo Escobar's, which was the first two seasons (and who makes an appearance midway through the season).

Also, the latest season of True Detective has started, and season 2 of The Punisher dropped yesterday.

Comment

season 2 of The Punisher dropped yesterday.
                                Was bummed to hear they cancelled daredevil.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X