Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exceelent TV Shows

Anyone watch "Lights Out" on FX? Awesome show, and it (supposedly) takes place in my town, although they make it seem more rough-n-tumble then it really is. Still, great show.

I tried to watch Lights Out, and I can definitely see the appeal for some people, but it just doesn't grab me.

I'm personally looking forward to the return of Justified next Wednesday. Loved the first season and even got my wife hooked on it.

Comment

I really enjoy the Showtime show "Episodes", with Matt LeBlanc. I wouldn't call it excellent, but it's pretty good.

Californication is excellent!!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Lights Out isnt bad but it seems pretty busy as if theyre trying to cram too much in too soon instead of letting characters develop.

Off The Map seems like Greys Anatomy in the jungle.

I was enjoying The Event. Its back at the end of the month.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

New shows for me this year: Event-Like it, don't love it, but I'll keep watching. No Ordinary Family-Like it, mom is hot. The Cape-Like it, the Terminator chick looks really good.

Comment

We are enjoying The Human Target and The Mentalist as our top two shows. Big Bang is right up there.

American Idol and Funniest Home Videos are still on the Tivo for Family Night.

Comment

30 Rock still the gold standard for me. Parks & Recreation isn't bad. The Office is wearing on me a little.
              “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Has anyone seen Archer? I happen to catch one episode a few nights ago and it was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                  I'm personally looking forward to the return of Justified next Wednesday. Loved the first season and even got my wife hooked on it.
                  +1
                  Justified season 1 was fantastic and I'm really geeked for the new season to start.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I love Top Chef (all versions...Top Chef, Top Chef All Stars, Top Chef Masters) and am with Gregg on Human Target... I love the Guerrero character (Jackie Earle Haley)...

I DVR a bunch of shows but it seems like I only watch those two series regularly.
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                      I love Top Chef (all versions...Top Chef, Top Chef All Stars, Top Chef Masters) and am with Gregg on Human Target... I love the Guerrero character (Jackie Earle Haley)...

I DVR a bunch of shows but it seems like I only watch those two series regularly.
                      Yeah, Human Target quickly became one of my favorites. Jackie Earle Haley and Chi McBride are both awesome. TV By The Numbers expects the show to be cancelled, however.

I also really like The Cape, but this one also seems like a goner and I just read NBC hacked 3 episodes from its run.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Yeah, Human Target quickly became one of my favorites. Jackie Earle Haley and Chi McBride are both awesome. TV By The Numbers expects the show to be cancelled, however.

I also really like The Cape, but this one also seems like a goner and I just read NBC hacked 3 episodes from its run.
                        While I also enjoy the Cape, there's just no way that one will survive. It's basically a comic book made into a tv show (a modren version of 1960s Batman) - and that usually means a small audience. I enjoy it for it's over the top and fun tone, but not enough people really appreciate that sort of thing these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                          While I also enjoy the Cape, there's just no way that one will survive. It's basically a comic book made into a tv show (a modren version of 1960s Batman) - and that usually means a small audience. I enjoy it for it's over the top and fun tone, but not enough people really appreciate that sort of thing these days.
                          everyone seems to be having fun with it except the star and his son who both seem like they think they are doing greek tragedy. I gave it about 3 or 4 weeks, but I think I was watching it in spite of itself after the first week. I finally turned it off without watching this past week.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            everyone seems to be having fun with it except the star and his son who both seem like they think they are doing greek tragedy. I gave it about 3 or 4 weeks, but I think I was watching it in spite of itself after the first week. I finally turned it off without watching this past week.
                            That kid is awful. It ruins the whole tone of the show every time they cut to the family.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                              Has anyone seen Archer? I happen to catch one episode a few nights ago and it was pretty good.
                              Archer is hysterical.

I too am looking forward to Justified coming back.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X