No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of new directions, West World's new season looks like it is going to be a completely different show!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Speaking of new directions, West World's new season looks like it is going to be a completely different show!
      East World? South World? North World? SSW World?
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        East World? South World? North World? SSW World?
        Kanye West World

Comment

Speaking of new directions, West World's new season looks like it is going to be a completely different show!
          That's great news. Because last season, I needed to read a few synopses of each episode afterwards to have a semi-understanding of what happened.....

And whoa, the addition of Aaron Paul seems like it will be awesome.

Comment

• I know someone mentioned The Shield earlier in this thread. We just never got around to watching it.

Well last night we watched the Pilot, and boy oh boy. Needless to say we had to watch the next episode and then one more for good measure. Hooked!

Late to the party, but better late than never.

Comment

• watched the Homeland series finale last night. Really really well done.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                That's great news. Because last season, I needed to read a few synopses of each episode afterwards to have a semi-understanding of what happened.....

And whoa, the addition of Aaron Paul seems like it will be awesome.
                Probably not having an easier time figuring this season out, eh?

Comment

• We finished Season 1 of The Boys the other day......pretty good.
                  Started The Kominsky Method last night.....enjoying it so far.
                  An older show I recommend is "Leverage"
                  and of course, "Archer"

Comment

Probably not having an easier time figuring this season out, eh?
                    Yeah, I watched half of episode one, then kind of put the whole thing on the backburner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                      We finished Season 1 of The Boys the other day......pretty good.
                      Started The Kominsky Method last night.....enjoying it so far.
                      An older show I recommend is "Leverage"
                      and of course, "Archer"
                      Leverage is getting a reboot on some new Free Amazon (commercial supported) platform (IMDb TV?). Same cast minus Timothy Hutton. Aldis Hodge has a conflict but will be a reoccurring character as time permits. Noah Wyle joins the cast. Just announced so no clue on filming or release dates yet.

Comment

Leverage is getting a reboot on some new Free Amazon (commercial supported) platform (IMDb TV?). Same cast minus Timothy Hutton. Aldis Hodge has a conflict but will be a reoccurring character as time permits. Noah Wyle joins the cast. Just announced so no clue on filming or release dates yet.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/leverag...os-1202912578/
                        I saw that. Are Hutton's legal issues keeping him away? I hope he didn't do that.

Comment

• We dug up this rant from SIlicon Valley tonight while eating dinner

pretty darn funny

https://youtu.be/W_DSOnOQnuk

Comment

• If you have ever been a pro wrestling fan, there's a great show on Vice Network called "Dark Side of the Ring." They go into stories about, obviously, the dark side of pro wrestling: Jimmy Snuka's murder case, the murder of Dino Bravo, Chris Benoit, Dr. D David Schultz bitchslapping 20/20's John Stossel, etc. There was one great episode about when the head writer for the WWF created a real, unscripted UFC-style fighting tournament in 1998 that resulted in a couple of wrestlers getting badly hurt and/or ruining their careers (most notably Steve "Dr. Death" Williams, who was a WWF superstar at the time and got badly KO'd, basically ending his career). Great show, a must watch if you were ever a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              If you have ever been a pro wrestling fan, there's a great show on Vice Network called "Dark Side of the Ring." They go into stories about, obviously, the dark side of pro wrestling: Jimmy Snuka's murder case, the murder of Dino Bravo, Chris Benoit, Dr. D David Schultz bitchslapping 20/20's John Stossel, etc. There was one great episode about when the head writer for the WWF created a real, unscripted UFC-style fighting tournament in 1998 that resulted in a couple of wrestlers getting badly hurt and/or ruining their careers (most notably Steve "Dr. Death" Williams, who was a WWF superstar at the time and got badly KO'd, basically ending his career). Great show, a must watch if you were ever a fan.
                              Just found this last week and caught up on most of these episodes. Agreed - really well done. Even my wife, a very very non wrestling fan as hooked on the Benoit episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Just found this last week and caught up on most of these episodes. Agreed - really well done. Even my wife, a very very non wrestling fan as hooked on the Benoit episode.
                                Haven't seen that one yet (a 2-parter), but will soon. Did you see the Brawl for All episode? I had never heard of it because I was well out of my wrestling fandom days, but it was fascinating.

The John Stossel episode was amazing. For those of who you don't recall, this happened in late 1984, just prior to the first Wrestlemania and well before many fans knew it wasn't real. A journeyman wrestler wronged by the WWF decided to go rogue and arranged an interview with 20/20, where he blew the whistle on how pro wrestling was all worked up and scripted out. Stossel then got permission by Vince McMahon to interview some wrestlers in his stable before a card at MSG, and decided to question noted hothead Dr. D David Schultz, who was told by McMahon to stay in character. When Stossel said during the interview "I think it's fake," Schultz smacked him upside his head, and when he got up, smacked him again for good measure before Stossel ran off.

The interview ran two months later on ABC (funny how in those days this was kept under wraps until then!) and Schultz was basically thrown under the bus by McMahon. Stossel sued the WWF and settled out of court a couple of years later, while Schultz had long been run out of the business.

Comment

Working...
                                X