Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2040

Thread: Exceelent TV Shows

we've been watching some well done shows lately - liking the short series format

Bodyguard, a british political thriller - very well done
    The Undoing, Nicole Kidman & Hugh Grant & Donald Sutherland, another thriller, fabulous acting, another well done short series
    Stateless, just started this one
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

A couple of interesting finds:

A Life of Crime: 1984-2020 -- I hadn't realized that this was an extension of an existing couple of docs, but if you've never seen those before, this doc is amazing and should be required watching for any teen. The film maker chose 4 sorry souls to focus on in 1984, and amazingly kept it up for 36 years, getting to know the main protagonists through their trials and tribulations of drug abuse and crime. Let's just say his choices were spot on. I understand he believed he had completed this in 2003, but was called back by one in 2010 and followed her for another decade.

The Defeated - I had never heard of this Netflix show, but it's on the docket for season 2, which is what I usually look for when getting involved in a new series. It stars Taylor Kitsch ("Friday Night Lights") and Michael C. Hall ("Dexter") about a Brooklyn detective who travels to Berlin in 1946 to help train the fledgling police department -- and look for his missing brother -- and discovers some vigilante justice being meted out. As a fellow Brooklynite, Kitsch's Brooklyn accent certainly needs, uhhh, some work, but it's good nonetheless.

Hall of Famer
    Death to 2021 on Netflix is one hour of satire that is a fun ride.

It mixes actual news footage with fictional characters. Those with thick skin will enjoy the mockery of both sides of the fence.

Kind of reminds me of out Hot Button Topic threads.

Dexter: New Blood completed its comeback season last night and it was really, really good. No spoilers. If you enjoyed Dexter, you absolutely would love this season.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Dexter: New Blood completed its comeback season last night and it was really, really good. No spoilers. If you enjoyed Dexter, you absolutely would love this season.
    I'm glad you came back around on this season. I thoroughly enjoyed it, front to back.
    "My favourite is when Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi say "we need a strong Republican party." And I'm like, "um, well, I donít. Not sure why you do." And then I realized why they do need a strong Republican party. Because if there was no Republican party, even if you were a fan of the Democrats, you would be like "hey, now what's holding you back from doing good policy if there's no opposition?" Because they'd be revealed as frauds." - Judah Friedlander

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I'm glad you came back around on this season. I thoroughly enjoyed it, front to back.
    Yup, it gained steam after the first couple of episodes. It didn’t have the same charm and collection of characters as Dexter, but it was a great season nonetheless.

BTW - the ending is getting ravaged again by fans. I can understand. I felt they had three options, and they chose the one I wouldn’t have, but I can obviously understand why the fanbase would be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Yup, it gained steam after the first couple of episodes. It didn’t have the same charm and collection of characters as Dexter, but it was a great season nonetheless.

BTW - the ending is getting ravaged again by fans. I can understand. I felt they had three options, and they chose the one I wouldn’t have, but I can obviously understand why the fanbase would be disappointed
    Good summation of my feelings, and good job keeping things vague and unspoiled.
    "My favourite is when Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi say "we need a strong Republican party." And I'm like, "um, well, I donít. Not sure why you do." And then I realized why they do need a strong Republican party. Because if there was no Republican party, even if you were a fan of the Democrats, you would be like "hey, now what's holding you back from doing good policy if there's no opposition?" Because they'd be revealed as frauds." - Judah Friedlander

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Good summation of my feelings, and good job keeping things vague and unspoiled.
    LOl, thanks. If you look at the ratings on IMDB of Dexter's final season and this season of Dexter: New Blood, every episode gets between 8.5 - 9.6, then the finale gets <5.0.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    we've been watching some well done shows lately - liking the short series format

Bodyguard, a british political thriller - very well done
    The Undoing, Nicole Kidman & Hugh Grant & Donald Sutherland, another thriller, fabulous acting, another well done short series
    Stateless, just started this one
    And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii will always love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuooowoowooheeeeeooohooo ooouuuuuuuuuuu
    ďI think the tragedy is that we have a Congress with a Senate that has a minority of misguided senators who will use the filibuster to keep the majority of people from even voting.Ē óDr. Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Hall of Famer
    Mrs. Gregg and I binged on the Netflix series Stay Close.

It was a one season and done 8 one hour episodes. Had to get through the first one as they set up characters, little slow but worth it.

It wasn't Fargo good, but it had it's moments. Some fun twists and turns. You could do worse on a cold winter weekend.