Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I know someone mentioned The Shield earlier in this thread. We just never got around to watching it.

Well last night we watched the Pilot, and boy oh boy. Needless to say we had to watch the next episode and then one more for good measure. Hooked!

Late to the party, but better late than never.
    Got through episode 8 last night. Glad we can binge watch.

Tonight we will be having the world's best pizza and watching a few new ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Haven't seen that one yet (a 2-parter), but will soon. Did you see the Brawl for All episode? I had never heard of it because I was well out of my wrestling fandom days, but it was fascinating.

The John Stossel episode was amazing. For those of who you don't recall, this happened in late 1984, just prior to the first Wrestlemania and well before many fans knew it wasn't real. A journeyman wrestler wronged by the WWF decided to go rogue and arranged an interview with 20/20, where he blew the whistle on how pro wrestling was all worked up and scripted out. Stossel then got permission by Vince McMahon to interview some wrestlers in his stable before a card at MSG, and decided to question noted hothead Dr. D David Schultz, who was told by McMahon to stay in character. When Stossel said during the interview "I think it's fake," Schultz smacked him upside his head, and when he got up, smacked him again for good measure before Stossel ran off.

The interview ran two months later on ABC (funny how in those days this was kept under wraps until then!) and Schultz was basically thrown under the bus by McMahon. Stossel sued the WWF and settled out of court a couple of years later, while Schultz had long been run out of the business.
      I watched both yesterday and agree they were both fascinating. The Brawl for All was right after my fandom days as well but it's remarkable that no one stopped it or thought better of it.

I had never heard of Dr. D either. Definitely seemed like a loose cannon that may have had a few good years in but he was eventually going to pop off to the wrong person.

The Macho Man episode is another good one. Larger than life character with some serious demons.

Comment

• New to the Thread. With the Lockdown in full swing I've been watching quite a few more shows than normal and am quite caught up in the following.

Outlander
        The Good Fight
        Better Call Saul
        This Is Us.
        American Gods
        Sneaky Pete
        Altered Carbon
        Goliath
        Picard
        The Expanse
        The OA
        Ozark
        Man in the High Castle
        the Walking Dead

I've literally gone through all of these seasons and am all caught up.

I've sifted through a few episodes of others (not always impressed) Trying to convince myself that Hollywood on Netflix is going to be good, but 3+ episodes in I find it kind of dry, but I might give it another episode or two.

I'm gonna go back through this thread to see what has been recommended--Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          New to the Thread. With the Lockdown in full swing I've been watching quite a few more shows than normal and am quite caught up in the following.

Outlander
          The Good Fight
          Better Call Saul
          This Is Us.
          American Gods
          Sneaky Pete
          Altered Carbon
          Goliath
          Picard
          The Expanse
          The OA
          Ozark
          Man in the High Castle
          the Walking Dead

I've sifted through a few episodes of others (not always impressed) Trying to convince myself that Hollywood on Netflix is going to be good, but 3+ episodes in I find it kind of dry, but I might give it another episode or two.

I'm gonna go back through this thread to see what has been recommended--Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
          If you haven't, check out Justified.

Comment

If you haven't, check out Justified.
            I have watched that, but not in a long while as well as Hell on Wheels and Deadwood. Love those kinds of shows (Longmire too)
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have watched that, but not in a long while as well as Hell on Wheels and Deadwood. Love those kinds of shows (Longmire too)
              Just finished rewatching Deadwood and the ending was even more disappointing this time.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Just finished rewatching Deadwood and the ending was even more disappointing this time.
                Are you going to watch the movie now?

Comment

Are you going to watch the movie now?
                  I was planning to, but Amazon only has the three seasons. Plus, I've heard it's not that good.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

New to the Thread. With the Lockdown in full swing I've been watching quite a few more shows than normal and am quite caught up in the following.

Outlander
                    The Good Fight
                    Better Call Saul
                    This Is Us.
                    American Gods
                    Sneaky Pete
                    Altered Carbon
                    Goliath
                    Picard
                    The Expanse
                    The OA
                    Ozark
                    Man in the High Castle
                    the Walking Dead

Love Better Call Saul and Ozark. Also was real late to the party on Hell on Wheels...just watched it and thought it was great. The Last Kingdom is also very good.

Comment

• Just finished AFTER LIFE with Ricky Gervais. That and FleaBag are just classic. Everything I love, Quirky, heartwarming, honest and knife cutting sarcasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        I was planning to, but Amazon only has the three seasons. Plus, I've heard it's not that good.
                        It's not. You're not missing anything.

It's a shame that Deadwood was cancelled before they had a true "final" season.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                          Just finished AFTER LIFE with Ricky Gervais. That and FleaBag are just classic. Everything I love, Quirky, heartwarming, honest and knife cutting sarcasm.
                          Going to check both those out. I actually did sit through all of Hollywood, it's not bad but a little fluffy. We'll see where they6 go from here next season should there be one. Just started The 100, I like sci fi, but so far it's a bit to teen angst/lord of the flies for me--I'll give it the season and decide if I should continue unless someone can tell me it's worth it to soldier on.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            It's not. You're not missing anything.

It's a shame that Deadwood was cancelled before they had a true "final" season.
                            yeah, it was a nice return to deadwood and the characters, but I didn't think it really told any story, let alone wrapped anything up. Felt more like something that could be done as a 5 minute "20 years later" at the end of a movie.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              yeah, it was a nice return to deadwood and the characters, but I didn't think it really told any story, let alone wrapped anything up. Felt more like something that could be done as a 5 minute "20 years later" at the end of a movie.
                              Cocksuckers

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Cocksuckers
                                nicely played.

Comment

Working...
                                X