Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Yup, best show on Netflix IMO.

Season 2, which focuses on Wayne Williams, the Atlanta Child Killer, isn't as strong as Season 1, but still a great season. It kind of gets a little derailed with minor sub-plots that had little to do with the main storyline (a lesbian love affair, Tench's young child being involved in a heinous crime, etc.) and it's kind of a shame they never got to the BTK killer who had appeared throughout the series as the ADT serviceman.

From what I understand, David Fincher was just overwhelmed with the series, and felt it wasn't getting enough love for what he was putting into it.
    Thanks for not spoiling anything major for me! LOL

You're lucky I have the memory of a goldfish.

By the way, I had to Google "smear the queer". Tench's wife asks if their son is playing football and he replies "no, more like smear the queer"... seems like Fincher wanted a REALLY authentic 70's experience.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      By the way, I had to Google "smear the queer". Tench's wife asks if their son is playing football and he replies "no, more like smear the queer"... seems like Fincher wanted a REALLY authentic 70's experience.
      I had to explain this "game" while watching with my wife... she couldn't understand why anyone would want the ball. In retrospect, I'm not sure why anyone would want the ball.

Liked this line from Urban Dictionary: "Play usually ends when everyone is tired or when someone gets hurt."
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Thanks for not spoiling anything major for me! LOL

You're lucky I have the memory of a goldfish.

I used to play that game often as a 12-year old!

Sorry, didn't mean to spoil anything. Again, they're not really relevant to the main storyline.

BTW, all of the criminals they encounter, infamous or not, are authentic. The guy who plays Edmund Kemper should have won an Emmy for his performance (he was nominated).

I had to explain this "game" while watching with my wife... she couldn't understand why anyone would want the ball. In retrospect, I'm not sure why anyone would want the ball.

Liked this line from Urban Dictionary: "Play usually ends when everyone is tired or when someone gets hurt."
        LOL. A typical game of Smear the Queer lasted about 5 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I wanted the football to prove I was tougher than everyone else. Since I was athletically limited, proving I was tougher than all or most everyone else got me into a lot more pickup games than I probably deserved to be in.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Since I was athletically limited
            just athletically?

Comment

• I'm recommending 'Lupin' on Netflix. It's dubbed, but if you're cool with that, it's great.

Comment

• Huge recommendation for "After Life" with Ricky Gervais... not only hits all the feels buttons but also helped give me so insights into my dark times from a different perspective.

I may have to watch it again tomorrow as a refresher...
                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• If you like superhero shows, “Doom Patrol” on HBO Max is great.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to the Billions episode (season?) on what's happening now ...
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I am looking forward to Clarice and The Equalizer.

I hope they are both excellent.

Comment

• Anyone watching Wandavision? Seems pretty strange so far....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Anyone watching Wandavision? Seems pretty strange so far....
                          yep, but I like the strangeness. The first two were fun if you enjoy classic TV, but I'm glad they're starting to get into the real story now.

Comment

• I gave up on all the Netflix Marvel shows after they were all systematically cancelled, but started up again because my son wanted to watch them with me.

Season 2 of “The Punisher” is phenomenal so far (4 episodes in).

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                              yep, but I like the strangeness. The first two were fun if you enjoy classic TV, but I'm glad they're starting to get into the real story now.
                              Tie into X-Men is going to get really interesting.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I just saw an ad for "The Young Rock". It looked somewhat entertaining.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X