No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna go back and rewatch Patriot I think. One of the BEST. So bummed there will be no season 3.

Comment

• Fleabag is terrific. Don't normally like UK TV, but Fleabag was something special.

Comment

• i've been watching 3% from netflix. it's a dystopian society based on something like the hunger games. it's from Brazil. it's cheesy at times but it works. i don't have netflix so i pirate it. unfortunately unless i get netflix, it has 3 seasons, was only able to find the 1st season in english. it's a combination of the hunger games, one episode was like the cube movies, and the 2005 movie the Island with Scarlett Johansson, Ewan McGregor, that was a good movie.

Comment

• As a Sons of Anarchy fan, I'd like to watch Mayans..... Anyone else who has seen it, is it worth the time?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            As a Sons of Anarchy fan, I'd like to watch Mayans..... Anyone else who has seen it, is it worth the time?
            Funny, as a SOA fan I was actually avoiding it. Sequels can ruin it for me sometimes when they are not well done. I haven't seen it though, I might be wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Funny, as a SOA fan I was actually avoiding it. Sequels can ruin it for me sometimes when they are not well done. I haven't seen it though, I might be wrong!
              Feeling the same way, which is why I'm soliciting opinion before I mess with Mister Mayhem.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• SOA had its ups and downs for me, but I enjoyed it overall. Mayans is very similar in style and I'd say it's alright. Not terrible, but definitely not great either.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  As a Sons of Anarchy fan, I'd like to watch Mayans..... Anyone else who has seen it, is it worth the time?
                  I like it. SOA was better but it is a worthwhile follow up imo.

Comment

• Great miniseries on The History Channel: “Grant.” Highly recommended.

Comment

• Has anyone seen this yet? Sounds right up my alley but I'm generally not a fan of animated shows.

The creator of 'Adventure Time' returns with 'The Midnight Gospel,' a trippy fantasy about life, death, and everything in between.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        I was planning to, but Amazon only has the three seasons. Plus, I've heard it's not that good.
                        I rewatched the whole series, then watched the movie, which I did enjoy, it's worth tracking down
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          not entirely sure. German show. Sci-fi, time travel, missing kid .... I may have to just watch and find out.
                          I've watched the first season of Dark, somewhat through through the 2nd, enjoying it quite a bit.
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            I know someone mentioned The Shield earlier in this thread. We just never got around to watching it.

Well last night we watched the Pilot, and boy oh boy. Needless to say we had to watch the next episode and then one more for good measure. Hooked!

Late to the party, but better late than never.
                            I bet it was me, I'm a huge Shield fan. Just you wait, it gets even better, how far have you gotten?

Comment

• "Counterpart" featuring JK Simmons and Olivia Williams is great, a parallel Earth gets spawned in Berlin in 1987 and then things happen, 2 seasons, best thing I've seen in a while
                              "Northmen" is "The Office" but in Viking times, I'm not watching much comedy, but this did it for me

I loved "Watchmen" and "The Expanse". "Giri/Haji" is a super slow-burn Japanese/British police procedural that I still don't understand how it got pitched and made. I'm in season 2 of "Dark", strange german time travel thing (must watch for Nullnor!), I've watched most of "Midnight Diner", which makes me hungry every episode and superhelpful in regaining my "Bar Japanese". Im also enjoying "Peaky Blinders" very much, British gangs post-WWI.

Strangest thing though we've been watching in our house is "Escape to the Country", a UK show where people are looking to, you guessed it, move to the English countryside, I now know more about average house prices in UK counties than I ever imagined, and that Brits have carpet in their bathrooms, sofas in their kitchens, don't like bedrooms on the ground floor, and all seem to want to raise Alpacas

I'm a huge fan of the Star Trek Universe, but can not get through "Star Trek: Discovery", terrible acting and plots

Comment

• just finished Travelers, which was better than expected. 3 seasons.

and Umbrella Academy's first season was fun, the second season just dropped.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X