Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    Fleabag is really funny and a bit uncomfortably dark too.
    Speaking of dark .... Has anyone watched Dark on netflix? I was reading really good things about it on reddit lately, but reddit certainly skews young and angsty.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Speaking of dark .... Has anyone watched Dark on netflix? I was reading really good things about it on reddit lately, but reddit certainly skews young and angsty.
      never heard of it, what is it about?
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        never heard of it, what is it about?
        not entirely sure. German show. Sci-fi, time travel, missing kid .... I may have to just watch and find out.

Comment

• Cobra Kia season 1 is free on youtube (short ads) and season 2 will be free starting 9/11weekly. I binged season 1 last weekend and surprisingly good.

Being a kid from the 80s and seeing Karate Kid hundreds of times it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            With season 2 finally dropping in a couple of weeks, if you haven't watched Mindhunter on Netflix, now is the time to do so. It's based on the true accounts of two FBI agents in 1977 who basically become the first profilers of serial killers. The cases they work on are all true accounts and involve some of the worst serial killers of the day (BTK killer, Richard Speck, Ed Kemper among others). Season 2 follows with the Atlanta serial killings by Wayne Williams in 1979 and includes Charles Manson and the Son of Sam.
            One of my favorite shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
              One of my favorite shows.
              Episode 2, with the Son of Sam, was great. I even learned something new about the case, that he made up all that shit about talking dogs and stuff because of The Exorcist.

Comment

Episode 2, with the Son of Sam, was great. I even learned something new about the case, that he made up all that shit about talking dogs and stuff because of The Exorcist.
                If you listened to the Monster poscast about the Atlanta Child Murders they were very accurate to how it happened on the show.

Comment

• Just watched the Season 1 Episode 1 of Country Music A Film by Ken Burns.

Fantastic! Just Fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Just watched the Season 1 Episode 1 of Country Music A Film by Ken Burns.

Fantastic! Just Fantastic.
                    Ken Burns could make a documentary about paint drying and it would be good. I always wait for his stuff to come out on dvd. I will look for the dvd next year. Hopefully, he does future documentaries on other music genres like rock & roll and rhythm & blues.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Ken Burns could make a documentary about paint drying and it would be good. I always wait for his stuff to come out on dvd. I will look for the dvd next year. Hopefully, he does future documentaries on other music genres like rock & roll and rhythm & blues.
                      Didn't he already do one on jazz?
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Didn't he already do one on jazz?
                        Yeah, i didn't watch that one yet. Maybe next year.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Watchmen started on HBO last night, just FYI

Comment

Watchmen started on HBO last night, just FYI
                            RJEL Girl... "I didn't dislike it... but I have no idea what the hell was going on"

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the same universe as the comic/movie, or a re-imagining of the story line or what. Good production, no idea what was going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              RJEL Girl... "I didn't dislike it... but I have no idea what the hell was going on"

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the same universe as the comic/movie, or a re-imagining of the story line or what. Good production, no idea what was going on.
                              Yeah, I agree with this assessment. They threw you right into the story with zero explanation for why things are what they are.

From what I understand, the movie and the comic took place in 1985 and this series is present day and only involves a few of those same characters.

Comment

• Looking for Alaska-Hulu (4 episodes in)
                                If you are 35-45 years old or a 12-19 old girI think this works for you. Based on a book that took years to turn into a screen.

It is Dead Poets Society with some teenage rivalry set in mid 2000. Good soundtrack from that word with a good story (so far). Main charscters are interesting and likeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X