Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Our family has also been watching a couple shows together:

Cobra Kai - fucking awesome. I'm squarely in their "hey, remember all this stuff about the 80s?" demographic, so it's perfect. Probably inappropriate for my kid. “Light beer. Veggie burgers. Automatic transmission. Might as well let another dude bang your chick." LMAO
    Lost in Space - moderately entertaining. However, I just can't ever seem to get too investted into any of these characters. While I don't actively want them to die off, I just don't care that much. I've been watching for too long to not really know wtf is going on which is likely due to my apathetic approach.
    Agents of SHIELD - I love it, my family is kind of "meh". Just finished season 2. Apparently this Marvel stuff is pretty easy for me to geek out on. Just like Star Wars and pizza, even the bad stuff is still pretty damn good.
    the first few seasons were really good. I hate binge watching and then the season is over and 8 months later you need to start over and try to remember what is going on. Just watched the last season over the weekend and it was still good fun.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Hey Johnny, did we ever get the British take on Ted Lasso?
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Hey Johnny, did we ever get the British take on Ted Lasso?
        this should be fun ...
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Hey Johnny, did we ever get the British take on Ted Lasso?
          I was actually going to ask if anyone had seen it. I saw the initial stuff from years back and liked it, and the new series has won a ton of awards. Been meaning to check it out. Always liked Jason Sudeikis.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            the first few seasons were really good. I hate binge watching and then the season is over and 8 months later you need to start over and try to remember what is going on. Just watched the last season over the weekend and it was still good fun.
            Yeah I get his too. Its the big problem with binge watching ... it just doesn't sink as much. I usually watch the final episode of the previous series before a new one starts.

I started watching season 5 of The Expanse ... 2 episodes in, I realized I don't have a clue what was going on ... took me that long to realize I hadn't even finished season 3!

Comment

• The 1st half of the final season of Ozark is out on Netflix. 7 episodes in the first batch, I've watched 4.

This show is extremely maddening to watch, pausing every 5 minutes to yell at the TV, kinda like Dexter was for me. I hope they wrap it up in a satisfying way.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                The 1st half of the final season of Ozark is out on Netflix. 7 episodes in the first batch, I've watched 4.

This show is extremely maddening to watch, pausing every 5 minutes to yell at the TV, kinda like Dexter was for me. I hope they wrap it up in a satisfying way.
                We binge watched them on Friday/Saturday. Ready for the 2nd batch.

Comment

• just finished binging The Great (ie Catherine The Great). Damn that was good. And fun. Highly recommended.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    just finished binging The Great (ie Catherine The Great). Damn that was good. And fun. Highly recommended.
                    Huzzah! We just binged this over the holiday break, very entertaining show.

Comment

• A few new ones:

Ray Donovan - I watched religiously for the first 4 or 5 seasons, then stopped, but just went back after they released the movie. The last two seasons were very good and I'm glad I did.

Pam and Tommy - watched the first 2 episodes, and wow, this is fun. Great cast. Sebastian Stan IS Tommy Lee, and Lily James is a dead ringer for Pam Anderson (which is amazing because in real life, she seems to look nothing at all like her, so kudos to the makeup department). The story of how this infamous sex tape leaked is so crazy, it's hard to believe, but the series is true to the Rolling Stone article which spilled the beans, and it's hard to believe this never really got out before. It also stars Seth Rogan, Nick Offerman, Andrew Dice Clay, I'm hooked.

Reacher - I never read the books, but my buddy did and he was PO'd when lil' Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher in the movies, because he said in the book, Reacher is a 6'5" behemoth. Well, have no fear, Alan Ritchman is a 6'5" behemoth and so far, the series is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        A few new ones:

[B]

Reacher - I never read the books, but my buddy did and he was PO'd when lil' Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher in the movies, because he said in the book, Reacher is a 6'5" behemoth. Well, have no fear, Alan Ritchman is a 6'5" behemoth and so far, the series is great.
                        I did not read any of the books either. I enjoyed the two Jack Reacher movies and thought Cruise was great. I think I even posted them in here.

Mrs. Gregg and I watched 3 episodes last night. She liked it very much, I loved it.

At one point Reacher was called a 6'4" giant and he corrected them that he is 6'5" (like the book says). They do a good job of filming him to look 6'5". In reality Alan Ritchman is 6'2". This is such a fun ride I cannot wait to watch some more tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I did not read any of the books either. I enjoyed the two Jack Reacher movies and thought Cruise was great. I think I even posted them in here.

Mrs. Gregg and I watched 3 episodes last night. She liked it very much, I loved it.

At one point Reacher was called a 6'4" giant and he corrected them that he is 6'5" (like the book says). They do a good job of filming him to look 6'5". In reality Alan Ritchman is 6'2". This is such a fun ride I cannot wait to watch some more tonight.
                          Amazon Prime has some really good "guy's shows" like this, Jack Ryan, Bosch, The Boys & Goliath.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Amazon Prime has some really good "guy's shows" like this, Jack Ryan, Bosch, The Boys & Goliath.
                            My wife and I binged watched Bosch when we were in lockdown. Both of loved it and were a bit sad when it was over....so we had no alternative but to binge the Shield. That was good too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              My wife and I binged watched Bosch when we were in lockdown. Both of loved it and were a bit sad when it was over....so we had no alternative but to binge the Shield. That was good too.
                              I found The Shield hard to watch, after the first episode of all the protagonists murdering another cop who was going to implicate them in crimes. It was well written, but hard to root for the crooked cops.

Also, I want to watch Pam & Tommy solely for Jason Manzoukis (Rafi from The League) as the voice of Tommy Lee's penis.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Another very good show of late is The Peacemaker on HBO (a spinoff of Suicide Squad), which also has a great intro:

Comment

Working...
                                X