Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    OTOH, this had to have been the worst season for The Walking Dead ever. Very disjointed.
    I bailed after a couple episodes...a couple seasons too late.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

OTOH, this had to have been the worst season for The Walking Dead ever. Very disjointed.
      I thought it was a pretty good season. Last episode was boring but I see this a lot lately, second to last episode is the climax essentially and the last episode wraps up a few things and sets up the next season.

They really lost a massive part of the show when Andrew Lincoln left. He was really the only true lead they had. Daryl and Michonne are fine but I dont think the actors or the characters are leads. It was a huge mistake to sideline Negan all season as JDM is the only other actor on the show that can be the new lead guy.

But overall I thought the second half of the season was better than I expected.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• New Netflix zombie show looks promising.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I thought it was a pretty good season. Last episode was boring but I see this a lot lately, second to last episode is the climax essentially and the last episode wraps up a few things and sets up the next season.

They really lost a massive part of the show when Andrew Lincoln left. He was really the only true lead they had. Daryl and Michonne are fine but I dont think the actors or the characters are leads. It was a huge mistake to sideline Negan all season as JDM is the only other actor on the show that can be the new lead guy.

But overall I thought the second half of the season was better than I expected.
          For many people who watch TWD from their DVRs, the next to last episode "The Calm Before" did not have the final 20 minutes of the show recorded -- you know, the 20 minutes where all the action happened. I only found out about this from my buddy the other day when we were discussing this season:

Me: I feel like I missed something between the last two episodes.
          Him: You definitely did.

We had to re-watch that episode and now know what happened. It makes it a little bit better, but overall I agree with you. Without Rick, Glenn, Maggie, Morgan, soon to be Michonne, and Neagan neutered, there's no lead character. Darryl just grunts his way through every scene. Not sure which way they will go next year, but they need to do something different.

Comment

overall I agree with you. Without Rick, Glenn, Maggie, Morgan, soon to be Michonne, and Neagan neutered, there's no lead character. Darryl just grunts his way through every scene. Not sure which way they will go next year, but they need to do something different.
            I like Maggie's new show, but everything I read says it is unlikely to be renewed. I'm a bit behind on TWD, but I believe they left it open for her to come back if the situation presented itself.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

For many people who watch TWD from their DVRs, the next to last episode "The Calm Before" did not have the final 20 minutes of the show recorded -- you know, the 20 minutes where all the action happened. I only found out about this from my buddy the other day when we were discussing this season:

Me: I feel like I missed something between the last two episodes.
              Him: You definitely did.

We had to re-watch that episode and now know what happened. It makes it a little bit better, but overall I agree with you. Without Rick, Glenn, Maggie, Morgan, soon to be Michonne, and Neagan neutered, there's no lead character. Darryl just grunts his way through every scene. Not sure which way they will go next year, but they need to do something different.
              I think they just need to put Negan back in the starting lineup and probably create a new character thats not in the comic (because Rick/Carl/Michonne/etc storylines have to be absorbed by someone) and hopefully get a good actor for that part which will eventually turn into one of the new leads. Overall I thought the writing and direction of the past season was good and they should continue with the current creative team.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I like Maggie's new show, but everything I read says it is unlikely to be renewed. I'm a bit behind on TWD, but I believe they left it open for her to come back if the situation presented itself.
                Yeah she basically just disappeared. You sort of find out where she went from other characters' conversation. There's rumors she might be offered a spinoff of her own to get her to come back but hopefully they can get her back on the main show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  I really enjoy the Showtime show "Episodes", with Matt LeBlanc. I wouldn't call it excellent, but it's pretty good.

Californication is excellent!!
                  I didn't realize Episodes was that old

My wife and I have been watching it and it is pretty funny. Leblanc playing himself and a husband and wife tv writers.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    I didn't realize Episodes was that old

My wife and I have been watching it and it is pretty funny. Leblanc playing himself and a husband and wife tv writers.
                    It’s a great series. Watch it until the end.

Comment

• I'm re-watching Deadwood before I watch the movie, and it is as awesome as I remember, those that doubt me suck cock by choice
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        I'm re-watching Deadwood before I watch the movie, and it is as awesome as I remember, those that doubt me suck cock by choice
                        just finished doing the same. We were 5 minutes into the movie, and RJEL Girl had already asked 10 questions .... when she said "I didn't remember Gereld McRaney was in this," I knew we were in trouble. She quickly said "Shut it off, I need to rewatch the whole series before we do this."

Comment

• Good idea I'll do the same.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Ha funny, we just started watching it last night when my wife says "so where’s the lead, the guy with the long hair who runs the train?" Obviously she doesn’t remember it either (she was referring to Hell on Wheels).

We didn’t finish watching it yet, but they do show flashbacks throughout.

Comment

• After a few down seasons, I feel like Archer 1999 has been really good. I'm LOLing again this season.

Comment

• We watched the first two episodes of Sherlock. Really really fun. I would have been happy with just the first episode. Like watching a movie. Second one was also good. #3 is on deck for tonight.

I know it was mentioned in here but didn't want to scroll through 80 pages to find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X