Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Pretty sure is was BBC funded. Copper wasn't really promoted in the UK either.

Do you have to pay for BBC America?
    I watched Copper and Ripper Street on BBC America. I guess we pay for it, but it's part of a huge tier of channels that all come at one price. So it's like Plan-A get just a few channels, Plan-B get some more channels, Plan-C get a ton of channels, one of which is BBC America.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• British? Canadian? American? - you're all right!

Originally posted by wikipedia
      Orphan Black was initially developed for BBC America at the Canadian Film Centre by Graeme Manson.[5] Bell Media announced on June 12, 2012 that they had commissioned a 10 episode season of Orphan Black that would be produced by Temple Street Productions and distributed internationally by BBC Worldwide.[10]

On June 26, 2012 BBC America announced that they had picked up the show in the U.S.[5] The casting of Canadian actress Tatiana Maslany as the lead was announced on September 17, 2012.[11] The rest of the principal cast was announced in late October 2012 as production began in Toronto for the first season.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Archer returns tonight:
        Attached Files

Comment

• The pilot for Enlisted was pretty funny. Going to add it to the rotation for now.

Comment

• My family watched Intelligence for the first time last night. Not bad. I like the premise and the actor who plays the lead. We'll give it a few more watches to see where it leads.
            拖裤子,
            放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
              My family watched Intelligence for the first time last night. Not bad. I like the premise and the actor who plays the lead. We'll give it a few more watches to see where it leads.
              that's about where I was with it... pilots are always a bit odd, but the cast was likable and the premise interesting so I'll keep watching for a bit.

Missed the premier of True Detectives on HBO last night, but will catch it tonight ondemand.

Comment

• I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I'm in for Hannibal and True Detectives. Should be a great spring. The Autumn was really disappointing ... I don't think I picked up a single a new show.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    I'm in for Hannibal and True Detectives. Should be a great spring. The Autumn was really disappointing ... I don't think I picked up a single a new show.
                    I'm still watching a couple, but nothing I would be overly upset about losing. Sleepy Hollow is kinda fun, Almost Human has a decent cast, and I'm still watching Shield and Blacklist if I've got nothing else to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I'm still watching a couple, but nothing I would be overly upset about losing. Sleepy Hollow is kinda fun, Almost Human has a decent cast, and I'm still watching Shield and Blacklist if I've got nothing else to do.
                      how far into the Shield are you, things really pick up once you get out of the 1st season.
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• We watched season 3 of Sherlock this weekend thanks to my wife's sneaky VPN. Excellent stuff. I'm almost done with season 1 of Homeland, and have the last two episodes of Breaking Bad to watch tonight!
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I watched the first few episodes of Almost Human ... didn't plan to drop it, just stopped watching and never started again. Same with Blacklist.

The Shield has some quiet patches, but overall a great series. My favourite was the series with Forrest Whitaker. I plan to watch it again sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            We watched season 3 of Sherlock this weekend thanks to my wife's sneaky VPN. Excellent stuff. I'm almost done with season 1 of Homeland, and have the last two episodes of Breaking Bad to watch tonight!
                            So you have just watch Ozimandias? I watched that episode again this afternoon coincidentally.

Series 3 of Sherlock was excellent.

Homeland is about to turn into 24.

Comment

• Doh, sorry, meant Agents of Shield. Just talking about what all was new this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                                We watched season 3 of Sherlock this weekend thanks to my wife's sneaky VPN. Excellent stuff. I'm almost done with season 1 of Homeland, and have the last two episodes of Breaking Bad to watch tonight!
                                Don't you guys live in America? Why would you need a VPN? It is a necessity when living in China.
                                拖裤子,
                                放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X