X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored to Death is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I think you're confusing Louis (on FX I think) with Lucky Louis.
      You are correct. Can't Louis CK come up with any different names for his shows??

Comment

I found the new senator in the Event to be extremely annoying. Hoping she'll meet an unexpected and violent death.

Comment

I have been watching Mr. Sunshine on NBC after Modern Family and I think it is entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Justified Season 2 Starts tonight on FX.
            I love this show. One of the few I look forward to.

Comment

Been really disappointed with the shows coming out lately. Of the shows on now, I only watch:

Shameless USA (excellent ... brilliant cast ... with newish-comer Emily Rossum stealing the show from William H. Macey and Joan Cussack ... which is no mean feat)
              Californication (always good)
              American Dad (see above)
              House (see the see above)

... and that's pretty much it.

Lots people big upping Justified ... as much as I like Tim Olyphant, I thought the first couple of episodes were complete pants ... so I never bothered following up. Does it get any better than that? (i.e. corny dialogue, plots with bus-sized holes etc). Likewise that other new show with the USMC looking dude from Boston Legal.

The Event I watched regularly, and then gave up on when the plot/scripting started to get absurd, stupid and lazy.

Bored to Death I have been meaning to return to ... worth giving it another shot at some point. Thought the first episode was pretentious and unfunny ...

I saw the first 3 eps of Raising Hope, and I quite liked, and been meaning to have a look at Modern Family. I can't really be bothered with 30 minute sit coms to be fair.

Boardwalk Empire was great, as was The Walking Dead, the excellent Rubicon came and went ... but there has been nothing interesting on any of the terrestrial channels. V? Meh. Breaking Bad and a shortened final season of Entourage will no doubt appear just as Shameless and Californication wrap ... but nothing good on the main channels.

If you like Battlestar you might want to have a look at Outcasts. BBC sci-fi production about the only surviving colony of humans on a distant mysterious planet after the earth has been destroyed. An OK attempt at some serious (hard) sci-fi.

Comment

Upcoming:

AMC's new series "The Killing" is due to start soon.

BUT ... if you can ... skip it and watch the original Danish series that it is copied from - "Forbrydesen". This is up there with the best TV series I've ever seen. I don't think the original was syndicated in the USA (probably because Fox/AMC bought the rights to re-make it), but it is really worth busting a gut to get the original. The writing, acting and pacing is superb throughout. It's airing with English subtitles on one of BBC's cable channels ... and those rips are available on the interweb.

They can all be downloaded from here - http://thepiratebay.org/user/Robston/

Trust me on this one, this is truly addictive stuff. If you are looking for some serious drama, look no further.

No post on Forbrydelsen will be complete without some reference to Sarah Lund's jumpers ...

... the jumper dilemma resolved

Vicky Frost: Sofie Gråbøl – The Killing's Sarah Lund – on why Lund wears those jumpers, how she nearly turned down the show, and the joy of guessing whodunnit
                Last edited by johnnya24; 03-13-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Finally finished with Forbrydelsen ... jaw dropping suspense right to the very end. Outstanding ... best TV show I've seen since The Wire.

Comment

Fringe just got renewed for a 4th season ... there were strong rumours that it was going to get cancelled after getting shifted to another day, and viewing figures fell, but it got a reprieve. I don't watch it, but I know some folk round here do.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Anyone watch "Lights Out" on FX? Awesome show, and it (supposedly) takes place in my town, although they make it seem more rough-n-tumble then it really is. Still, great show.
                      Damn, Lights Out cancelled by FX......

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                        I have been watching Mr. Sunshine on NBC after Modern Family and I think it is entertaining.
                        This show started OK but I already gave up on it after about 6 episodes. It's a shame because it had a good cast, but it was awful.

Comment

I have missed the last few episodes.

Comment

Justified renewed for season three.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I've heard that AMC's The Killing has a different killer to the original Danish series (Forbrydelsen) ... so hopefully that will keep it fresh for me. I'm onto the second series of the original, and I've seen good reviews for the remake which began last night.

Some shows with high potential on now, and coming up soon ... Mildred Pierce (mini-series), Game of Thrones, The Killing, The Borgias

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Justified renewed for season three.
                                This is very good news for me. It has moved up to one of my top couple of shows on tv.

Comment

Working...
                                X