Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
    New shows for me this year: Event-Like it, don't love it, but I'll keep watching. No Ordinary Family-Like it, mom is hot. The Cape-Like it, the Terminator chick looks really good.
    This. Summer Glau is awesome... too bad she can't catch a good show. They just cut the order for The Cape from 13 to 10, which isn't a good sign.

No Ordinary Family is solid... I like Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz is fine (and a Pittsburgher) but the rest is kind of blah.

If you aren't watching Chuck, you're missing out. Other than that we mostly watch USA (Burn Notice, White Collar, Covert Affairs)

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      This. Summer Glau is awesome... too bad she can't catch a good show.
      Or more aptly, a commercially viable show. She was in Firefly, which was way more than just a good show. Cancelled by Fox after one season, then it found an audience and became #1 in DVD sales for a while.
      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
        Or more aptly, a commercially viable show. She was in Firefly, which was way more than just a good show. Cancelled by Fox after one season, then it found an audience and became #1 in DVD sales for a while.
        I thought she was excellent in Terminator. Our whole family was sad when they took that one down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I thought she was excellent in Terminator. Our whole family was sad when they took that one down.
          That was a show that kept getting more and more interesting. Unfortunately it had already lost most of its audience by then. Similar thing happened with Dollhouse. Summer is great to look at, but I have yet to see her play anyone who has a real personality. It might just be the roles she's had...

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
            That was a show that kept getting more and more interesting. Unfortunately it had already lost most of its audience by then. Similar thing happened with Dollhouse. Summer is great to look at, but I have yet to see her play anyone who has a real personality. It might just be the roles she's had...
            Agreed -- she was ideal as the Terminator because she seems very robotic. That show was great, too bad it also got cancelled.

Comment

Well excellent shows is something I would reserve for a few shows, but I like a ton of shows...

Excellent - Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, 30 Rock, Modern Family, Mad Men and Friday Night Lights (note i don't have HBO or Showtime)

Very Good - Justified, Burn Notice, House, Damages, Its Always Sunny in Philly,

Good - Big Bang Theory, White Collar, The Office, Royal Pains, How I Met Your Mother, Psych, Cougar Town, Parks and Rec, Fringe, and Community

Sorry to see you go so soon - Rubicon and Terriers

Comment

Justified Season 2 Starts tonight on FX.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I don't get to watch much TV here in China. I bought the first 9 seasons of Smallville and am on season two. My family is actually starting to like it too so we watch an episode almost every night.
                  拖裤子,
                  放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Louie - Sort of a sitcom about the everyday life of Louie C.K. intercut with bits of standup. Of course the comedy is fantastic, but I was really surprised at how moving some of the monologues and situations ended up being. I watched the first season in less than 24 hours, which is pretty unusual for me to do with a comedy.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      Louie - Sort of a sitcom about the everyday life of Louie C.K. intercut with bits of standup. Of course the comedy is fantastic, but I was really surprised at how moving some of the monologues and situations ended up being. I watched the first season in less than 24 hours, which is pretty unusual for me to do with a comedy.
                      Boy, did I hate this show. It had a 70's All in the Family claustrophobic vibe to it, and man, those actors were horrific. I watched season one because my wife liked it, but it was as awful as an HBO series could get. Sorry, TW.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Boy, did I hate this show. It had a 70's All in the Family claustrophobic vibe to it, and man, those actors were horrific. I watched season one because my wife liked it, but it was as awful as an HBO series could get. Sorry, TW.
                        I think you're confusing Louis (on FX I think) with Lucky Louis.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                          Well excellent shows is something I would reserve for a few shows, but I like a ton of shows...

Excellent - Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, 30 Rock, Modern Family, Mad Men and Friday Night Lights (note i don't have HBO or Showtime)

Very Good - Justified, Burn Notice, House, Damages, Its Always Sunny in Philly,

Good - Big Bang Theory, White Collar, The Office, Royal Pains, How I Met Your Mother, Psych, Cougar Town, Parks and Rec, Fringe, and Community

Sorry to see you go so soon - Rubicon and Terriers
                          Can't argue with any of your "excellent" shows although I've never seen Friday Night Lights. Psych I would upgrade to "very good" and I would add to that group The League, Jersey Shore, and the various crime shows that I'm too ashamed to list individually.

Comment

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena finishes up its 6 episode run as a prequel to Spartacus: Blood and Sand friday night. Both can be found on Starz or Netflix Streaming.

Think "Rome" meets "300" meets "Skinamax". My personal favorite show I'm watching right now. I also like "Top Shot", a shooting competition show. I plan on starting "Breaking Bad" pretty soon
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              I plan on starting "Breaking Bad" pretty soon
                              Best show on TV, enjoy
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Best show on TV, enjoy
                                Can't argue with that. Caught up with the first two seasons via DVD and loved the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X