Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I did not recognize Ricci either. I had to have a little help with that.

Funny I immediately recognized Ricci and said heyyy.... that's Wednesday too... I see what you did there.

Comment

• Been sick the last few days and checking out random thing. Stuff I've streamed in the last couple of months or just started:

House of the Dragon: I guess it is okay, but it seems like they are telling one story, 2 at the most while the original had about 72 stories going on at once. The single story isn't all that compelling either. I paused about 5 episodes in, just after the time jump. Maybe I'll get back to it someday.
      Rings of Power: I found nearly every character exhausting. Paused around the same time. Maybe I'll get back to it.
      Terminal List: Good for what it was. A bit too rah-rah for me, but I like Taylor Kitsch. Decent watch
      Criminal Minds - Evolution: Not sure if they are restarting the series or just running a one off series from it. Pretty much the same show except everyone is older, Reid didn't make it back, and they say Fuck from time to time. If you liked the original, you'd probably like this. It was starting to get old for me when I use to watch it and I think I skipped the last couple of seasons. Decent coming back to the characters.
      The Recruit: I was all into recommending this right up until the last 5 minutes of the series. Now I'm not so sure. I'm waiting for season 2 to know what i think.
      Kaleidescope: This was kind of neat. The show is set up so that you watch the first episode, then 5 episodes in random order (Netflix ques them for you randomly) then a final 2 episodes, so the show is slightly different for everyone. Heist show with episodes from everyone's different perspective, so you aren't quite sure what is happening until the very end. Decent cast.
      Jack Ryan season 3: I thought season 1 was exceelent, season 2 was borderline stupid, but season 3 returns to the realm of the quite good. Some homage paid to the hunt for red october is fun.
      Poker Face: follows our protagonist who can tell whenever someone is lying as she wanders the country, avoiding her past, and solving crimes. Harkens back to the days of the NBC Mystery Movie, and has a very Columbo feel to it. 4 episodes in and it's been fun so far. Mostly a procedural, with a small continuing back story to keep pushing her along.
      The Last of Us: I know everyone has probably had enough of zombie shows, but I'm a sucker for the end of the world, and this is HBO so it's done really well. Feels like a cross between Black Sunday (or TWD) and The Road. Good dystopian ambiance, and a lot of flashbacks to the fall of civilization. Great supporting cameos in each episode so far. I'm all in.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Been sick the last few days and checking out random thing. Stuff I've streamed in the last couple of months or just started: House of the Dragon: I guess it is okay, but it seems like they are telling one story, 2 at the most while the original had about 72 stories going on at once. The single story isn't all that compelling either. I paused about 5 episodes in, just after the time jump. Maybe I'll get back to it someday. Rings of Power: I found nearly every character exhausting. Paused around the same time. Maybe I'll get back to it. Terminal List: Good for what it was. A bit too rah-rah for me, but I like Taylor Kitsch. Decent watch Criminal Minds - Evolution: Not sure if they are restarting the series or just running a one off series from it. Pretty much the same show except everyone is older, Reid didn't make it back, and they say Fuck from time to time. If you liked the original, you'd probably like this. It was starting to get old for me when I use to watch it and I think I skipped the last couple of seasons. Decent coming back to the characters. The Recruit: I was all into recommending this right up until the last 5 minutes of the series. Now I'm not so sure. I'm waiting for season 2 to know what i think. Kaleidescope: This was kind of neat. The show is set up so that you watch the first episode, then 5 episodes in random order (Netflix ques them for you randomly) then a final 2 episodes, so the show is slightly different for everyone. Heist show with episodes from everyone's different perspective, so you aren't quite sure what is happening until the very end. Decent cast. Jack Ryan season 3: I thought season 1 was exceelent, season 2 was borderline stupid, but season 3 returns to the realm of the quite good. Some homage paid to the hunt for red october is fun. Poker Face: follows our protagonist who can tell whenever someone is lying as she wanders the country, avoiding her past, and solving crimes. Harkens back to the days of the NBC Mystery Movie, and has a very Columbo feel to it. 4 episodes in and it's been fun so far. Mostly a procedural, with a small continuing back story to keep pushing her along. The Last of Us: I know everyone has probably had enough of zombie shows, but I'm a sucker for the end of the world, and this is HBO so it's done really well. Feels like a cross between Black Sunday (or TWD) and The Road. Good dystopian ambiance, and a lot of flashbacks to the fall of civilization. Great supporting cameos in each episode so far. I'm all in.

The Last of Us is freaking amazing, such intelligent writing.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I just discovered Check it Out with Dr. Steve Brule on HBO, and it's absolutely hysterical. It stars John C. Reilly as a clueless dude who hosts a 1980s-ish public access show and it's produced to make it seem like it's extremely low budget.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I just discovered Check it Out with Dr. Steve Brule on HBO, and it's absolutely hysterical. It stars John C. Reilly as a clueless dude who hosts a 1980s-ish public access show and it's produced to make it seem like it's extremely low budget.
            I will check it out....also, if you like humor in Reilly's absurd, cringy style, I Think You Should Leave by Tim Robinson is as good as it gets. He takes the simple concept of people getting embarrassed and doubling down to avoid admitting embarrassment or wrongdoing and churns out consistent, absurd humor.

I think I've recommended Letterkenny before, but it is also amazing, in a different way, and is Shoresy, which is so good, it got me back into a fantasy hockey league after a decade away.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Just finished the show finale of Better Call Saul

Excellent wrap up.
              After finally watching Breaking Bad recently, I also watched Better Call Saul.They're now my two favorite TV shows of all time and I'm already looking forward to watching them both again. I also highly recommend all of the dvd extras which total around 20 hours per show. Can't wait to see what writer Vince Gilligan comes out with next.

Also watched the El Camino movie. I thought it was just ok. It didn't look like as much effort went into it as the TV show and the production seemed rushed. But, it's required viewing to find out what happens to Jesse Pinkman.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

After finally watching Breaking Bad recently, I also watched Better Call Saul.They're now my two favorite TV shows of all time and I'm already looking forward to watching them both again. I also highly recommend all of the dvd extras which total around 20 hours per show. Can't wait to see what writer Vince Gilligan comes out with next.

Also watched the El Camino movie. I thought it was just ok. It didn't look like as much effort went into it as the TV show and the production seemed rushed. But, it's required viewing to find out what happens to Jesse Pinkman.
                The El Camino movie was a total waste imo

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

The El Camino movie was a total waste imo
                  Agreed
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                  X