Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Two episodes in and Luke Cage is very good.

I'm really enjoying Designated Survivor and Kevin Can Wait as well, which is rare for network shows these days!
    Just finished Luke Cage--I like how Netflix rolls out and entire season--but it feeds my binge propensities. Watching Designated Survivor, This is Us, Blacklist and Agents of Shield. Planning on looking into WestWorld, The Pitch, Atlanta and Timeless.

FWIW I watched Start Up on Crackle, the first season was pretty good, looking forward to see where it goes from here.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Shows I've watched recently that I've enjoyed

Mr Robot
      Black Sails
      Hannibal

I'm very much looking forward to Luke Cage, Westworld and the 3rd season of Black Mirror. Trying to decide if I should jump back on Ash vs the Evil Dead
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Wandered into Halt and Catch Fire (AMC) ... about the 80's tech industry boom. I recommend. It's far from perfect, the first series was a bit rushed and lacked some exposition and detail, but the cast is great ... and it gets better with each series (currently on series 3).

Comment

• I'm finding the second season of Mr. Robot and the latest season of Orange is the New Black difficult to get through. That 1980s sitcom episode of Mr Robot was extremely bizarre.

Comment

I'm finding the second season of Mr. Robot and the latest season of Orange is the New Black difficult to get through. That 1980s sitcom episode of Mr Robot was extremely bizarre.
            OITNB was unwatchable this season, didn't get thru 2nd episode.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              OITNB was unwatchable this season, didn't get thru 2nd episode.
              Got bored with that at the start of last season ... nothing negative about the show, just got bored of the premise.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Got bored with that at the start of last season ... nothing negative about the show, just got bored of the premise.
                Well, the premise changed entirely, going from a scared yuppie girl in fear of going to prison to one who is completely at home in jail. It's become kind of like Oz without all the fun stuff.

Comment

I'm finding the second season of Mr. Robot and the latest season of Orange is the New Black difficult to get through. That 1980s sitcom episode of Mr Robot was extremely bizarre.
                  I agree...everyone raves about Mr Robot and I loved the first season, but I am about 4 episodes into season 2 and it is just really dull to me and very difficult to plow through any of the episodes to this point - they all just seem like the ravings and inside the messed up head of a lunatic. I was considering jumping ship and just deleting the ones still on my DVR...does it get any better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    I agree...everyone raves about Mr Robot and I loved the first season, but I am about 4 episodes into season 2 and it is just really dull to me and very difficult to plow through any of the episodes to this point - they all just seem like the ravings and inside the messed up head of a lunatic. I was considering jumping ship and just deleting the ones still on my DVR...does it get any better?
                    yeah, it somewhat comes together in the end, tho don't get me wrong, this show will never completely "make sense" ... it's primary premise after all is exactly what you said, the ravings and inside the messed up head of a lunatic. If you enjoyed season 1 I'd say stick with it; if you just tolerated season 1, then I'd say there's your marker.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

That 1980s sitcom episode of Mr Robot was extremely bizarre.
                      no kidding, I found it to be either brilliant or complete shite, & I'm still not sure where I land.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        I dunno, Pauly, I'm still only on episode 5? I can't bring myself to really watch them, because I completely agree with you.

Originally posted by TranaGreg
                        no kidding, I found it to be either brilliant or complete shite, & I'm still not sure where I land.
                        I agree. It was brilliant in that it absolutely did mimic a 1980s sitcom, complete with actual 1980s commercials. But it was just waaaaay too out of leftfield.

Comment

• oh did anyone see Westworld this weekend? Super cool!

Comment

I dunno, Pauly, I'm still only on episode 5? I can't bring myself to really watch them, because I completely agree with you.
                            give it to episode 7.

Comment

• Loved season 2 of Mr Robot :shrugg:

Nice to see a successful show be prepared to take some risks.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Loved season 2 of Mr Robot :shrugg:

Nice to see a successful show be prepared to take some risks.
                                Season 2 was great. I love that show.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X