Buying low - slow starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Would you trade Tucker straight up for Ohtani who is done this year. Daily moves can play both ways. Tucker you get to keep this year and next at 20 no extensions.
    In daily moves Ohtani is the #1 player by a very wide margin.

So... sure, not a particularly close trade if you are focused on winning this year.

( note - not that it matters, but this isn't really buying or selling low, it's simply that Ohtani is a much better asset in this format, it's similar to a 2 for 1 )

Comment

Would you trade Tucker straight up for Ohtani who is done this year. Daily moves can play both ways. Tucker you get to keep this year and next at 20 no extensions.
      Right as we speak, Tucker hits a HR.

But yes, I would jump all over that trade in a daily moves / two-way Ohtani league. He pretty much broke my valuation spreadsheet when he was listed as a two way guy --- was worth something like $110 with inflation. It was insane. Never seen anything like it.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

If I could get Ohtani in a daily.....take all my money!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I just acquired Swanson. He is a keeper, so there is risk if he doesn't pull out of his funk and house a down year, but I think who we saw last year is who he ends up being. On the flip side, I just moved Yelich after acquiring him just a couple of days before. I am glad I did. Of the remaining players, Ketel Marte stands out as a guy you should get if you can get any kind of discount.
          Feeling good about snagging Swanson on April 22. He has been very respectable since then.

Comment

Akil Badoodoo sitting for the 5th time in the last 8 games

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Akil Badoodoo sitting for the 5th time in the last 8 games
              Where's the sell low thread

Comment

I just landed Emmanuel Clase for Bruce Zimmermann. He is convinced Clase has lost the job and his favorite podcast was touting Zimmermann as a legit guy. I have Karinchak too, so while I think Clase still has the job for awhile, if he does keep struggling, my hope is Karinchak is the guy who takes over. My kneejerk reaction is to always do a deal this early with this big of a difference in perceived value, but I occasionly get burnt by that, like when I traded Cedric Mullins early last year for a more establish bat that I ended up dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I just landed Emmanuel Clase for Bruce Zimmermann. He is convinced Clase has lost the job and his favorite podcast was touting Zimmermann as a legit guy. I have Karinchak too, so while I think Clase still has the job for awhile, if he does keep struggling, my hope is Karinchak is the guy who takes over. My kneejerk reaction is to always do a deal this early with this big of a difference in perceived value, but I occasionly get burnt by that, like when I traded Cedric Mullins early last year for a more establish bat that I ended up dropping.
                  Whuut

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Josh Lowe- overmatched, probably could be had for a song in redraft leagues
                    Demoted to AAA

Comment

Panic is starting to set in for owners of the following batters:

Joey Votto
                      Paul DeJong
                      Max Muncy
                      Whit Merrifield
                      Jarred Kelenic
                      Trent Grisham
                      Christian Walker
                      Brendan Rodgers
                      Spencer Torkelson
                      Jorge Soler
                      Christian Pache
                      Joey Gallo
                      Justin Turner
                      Avisail Garcia
                      Marcus Semien
                      Rhys Hoskins
                      Nick Senzel
                      Trevor Story
                      Jesse Winker
                      Yuli Gurriel
                      Tyler Naquin
                      Darin Ruf
                      Tyler O'Neill
                      Jake Cronenworth
                      Adam Duvall
                      Ketel Marte
                      Bobby Dalbec
                      Randy Arozarena
                      Wil Myers
                      Jonathan Schoop
                      Nelson Cruz
                      Joey Bart
                      Yasmani Grandal

Comment

I have way too many of those players.

I will say, there are some of these that I don't see panic on necessarily:

Ketel Marte has an 8 game hitting streak including a HR and a SB. I think buying window has passed and owners are no longer panicking.
                        Marcus Semien has 6 hits in his last 4 games, looks like he may be starting to come out of it.
                        Christian Walker has 6 HR, so while you hate the avg/obp at least he's doing something
                        Max Muncy I called pre-season - if you expected a quick start you weren't listening to me! (not that anyone ever should) He started "swinging a bat" late in the offseason and I think it was only reasonable to expect a slow start. If you bought him hopefully it was for the long haul and not a short term buy since struggles seemed obvious.

Comment

Brendan Rodgers just had his best week of the season (which wasn't that great but at least better).
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Brendan Rodgers just had his best week of the season (which wasn't that great but at least better).
                            I agree, he should have been in my list too - hitting .321 in the last week is going to make it hard to buy low on him

Comment

Trevor Story panic set in for me weeks ago.

I notice that lots of these guys seemed to be contact challenged even before this year. Am thinking that’s even more of “a thing” this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                                Trevor Story panic set in for me weeks ago.

I notice that lots of these guys seemed to be contact challenged even before this year. Am thinking that’s even more of “a thing” this year.
                                The Trevor Story problem is scary. His babip sits 12 points above last year at .305!

I think you are right about the poor hit tool guys.

But why?

Comment

Working...
                                X