Early Season Playing Time Booms & Busts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Cavan Biggio has just 4 ABs in 4 games so far. He's started 2 and been replaced early, and sat 2 and pinch hit. That's troubling.

And as far as 'overreacting' here, well, it's not so much overreacting as it is being informed about potential gains and losses of playing time. Outside of NFBC leagues, you can make waiver claims and if a guy like Biggio is just not playing, well, you may need to make a tough decision on him as far as being a waiver wire casualty. There's only so many players you can carry.
    Santiago Espinal is the Jays' starting 2B and is producing and playing good D. Biggio is currently a super sub who has played 1B, 2B and OF.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Santiago Espinal is the Jays' starting 2B and is producing and playing good D. Biggio is currently a super sub who has played 1B, 2B and OF.
      *less than super sub
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        I’m not hopeful on Biggio’s production. He seems to be on ice, not so much thin ice yet. But he’s just a fill-in now, not a starter.

Comment

Booms
          Jorge Mateo - starting every day at SS
          Mateo now leads MLB in SBs

Comment

Mateo now leads MLB in SBs
            Nice. Of all the services you've provided to RJ, playing time boom/busts is perhaps the best. Thanks.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Nice. Of all the services you've provided to RJ, playing time boom/busts is perhaps the best. Thanks.
              Awww, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me, lol

Some more:

Booms
              Sean Murphy - actually leads the AL in PAs. If some semblence of that keeps, up, he could blow away last year's stats.
              Maikel Franco - leads the NL in games played. Can provide cheap power.
              Thairo Estrada - has 51 ABs already, which is about half as much as he had all last season
              Darin Ruf - appears to be playing almost every day instead of just vs RHPs
              Tony Kemp - on pace for 585 ABs. Also, has anyone noticed his OBP the last couple of seasons? .386 so far, .382 last year, .363 in '20.
              Connor Joe - 51 PAs so far, on pace for 580 AB (179 last year). Could be a huge steal if he keeps up this pace.

Busts
              Garrett Hampson - only got into 3 games before going on the IL. Probably is droppable barring an injury to someone else.
              Bobby Bradley - has started just 3 games this season. I'm sensing a demotion soon.
              JD Davis - just not getting the ABs
              Dominic Smith - ditto. Mainly pinch hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Profar is off to a hot start--he's started 3 of 4 in LF.
                FT LF for the Padres.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Busts
                  Bobby Bradley - has started just 3 games this season. I'm sensing a demotion soon.
                  Bradley DFA’d

Comment

It might be a good time to remove Alec Bohm from the bust list. Since his infamous words that were caught on camera, he has gone back to his natural style of hitting instead of jacking everything. His success has allowed him to settle down defensively, to the point that he is actually playing well at 3rd or 1st.
                    G PA HR AVG OBP SLG wOBA wRC+ WAR
                    2022 PHI MLB 21 67 2 .309 .373 .455 .361 135 0.7
                    Scottw
                    Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                    X