Dwayne Haskins RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwayne Haskins RIP

This is so messed up. He was hit by a car this morning and killed. Just 24 years old. RIP.

WTF! Haskins was in Boca Raton, Florida training this week with a group of Steelers teammates that included Najee Harris, Chase Claypool and Mitch Trubisky. For some reason he was attempting to cross Interstate-595 near exit 10A early this morning when he was hit by a dump truck.

Haskins looked good enough last pre-season to be considered as the heir apparent to Roethlisberger. Last season, local talk show callers were saying that Tomlin should bench Roethlisberger for Haskins. Haskins, the 15th overall draft pick in 2019, was expected to compete with Mitch Trubisky, the 2nd overall draft pick in 2017, for the starting QB job this year. Now, just like that, he's gone. RIP Dwayne Haskins.
    Last edited by madducks; 04-24-2022, 02:29 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

More details have emerged:

According to his wife, Haskins ran out of gas and called her to say he was going to walk to a gas station.

Haskins was also struck by a second and possibly a third vehicle.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The medical examiner's office determined that Haskins had a blood-alcohol concentration of at least 0.20% at the time of his autopsy, more than double the legal limit in Florida of .08%.

The report also noted that Ketamine was detected in his urine at the time of death, though no drugs were detected in his blood.

The painkiller Ketamine can be used as a sedative or treatment for depression, but it's also known as a "club drug" that can produce "dissociative sensations and hallucinations," according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Ketamine first caught interest as a counterculture drug in the 1970s and re-emerged as a club drug "Special K" in the 2000s.

But advocates currently say the drug is used in the treatment of severe mental health disorders, including depression and schizophrenia, social anxiety, obsessive-compulsive and bipolar disorders.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dwayne Haskins' family is suing multiple individuals including four people who they accuse of drugging and robbing Haskins before the accident.

The estate of Dwayne Haskins has reached a settlement with the driver, the owner and the broker of the dump truck that struck and killed the quarterback in 2022.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X