No announcement yet.

Manaea and FAA B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had FAAB last night and someone bid his whole budget ($101!!!!) on Manaea. As if it wasn’t bad enough already that he has no more FAAB for the rest of the year, we have a progressive in-season salary cap where the cap starts at $290 and raises $10 every week. I’m not even sure when he is going to be able to start Manaea. Craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      We had FAAB last night and someone bid his whole budget ($101!!!!) on Manaea. As if it wasn’t bad enough already that he has no more FAAB for the rest of the year, we have a progressive in-season salary cap where the cap starts at $290 and raises $10 every week. I’m not even sure when he is going to be able to start Manaea. Craziness.
      This was him on Saturday night -

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        This was him on Saturday night -
        I keep expecting him to send an email that it was a typo and he meant to bid $10

Comment

Tonight is our FAAB night.

I bid high on Manaea as well as Rogers. Not sure if any of my league mates lurk. So I will report back the results in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Tonight is our FAAB night.

I bid high on Manaea as well as Rogers. Not sure if any of my league mates lurk. So I will report back the results in the morning.
            I bid $51 on Manaea lost to a $57 bid.

I bid 43 on Rogers lost to a $58 bid.

No soup for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I bid $51 on Manaea lost to a $57 bid.

I bid 43 on Rogers lost to a $58 bid.

No soup for me!
              No soup, but your bids were reasonable, you were in the right range to win them. I think you bid well.

Ultimately when it's that high, there's no way to guarantee you get the player unless you bid 100 and you have the tiebreaker. Neither of these guys is a bid 100 guy.

Comment

I did this a few years ago...at the trade deadline in Aug! I think it was for Carlos Gomez (AL only). No $0 bids so my roster was fixed except for trades. I tried to negotiate a FAAB-and-trade for a C with another team but it didn't materialize.

I can't imagine doing this in April.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  I can't imagine doing this in April.
                  It's easy to imagine.

Think of it this way, you put in this bid, and then you stop having to think about FAAB in that league for the rest of the year.

You can also probably stop thinking about winning your league too, but that's not as fun to imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    You can also probably stop thinking about winning your league too, but that's not as fun to imagine.
                    I usually stop thinking about that even before the auction.

Comment

I usually stop thinking about that even before the auction.
                      Yeah you probably should just avoid starting

Comment

checking the game on MLB.com and Manaea just came in as a reliever. Checked his stats....not good. Hope no one bid on him as a FA, heh.
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                        X