Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgers trading AJ Pollock for Craig Kimbrel

Details forthcoming....

Edit: Kind of concerned this is an April Fool's joke......I guess we'll see!
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Kimbrel Traded for Pollock

If you drafted Treinen, you probably just got hosed

Comment

My Kimbrel shares this year:
      11.1 in TGFBI
      12.1 in RJ NFBC League
      $12 in AL Tout
      $12 in RJEL

love this!

Now, my AL home league tomorrow officially has zero good potential saves targets available. Kimbrel was the only guy worth paying more than $5 for. Good thing I have a rock solid pen of Joe Barlow, Gregory Soto, Tanner Scott, and Jorge Alcala LOL

Comment

No April fool's joke. One thing for certain I'm no longer keeper Treinen.

Comment

Huge good news for Lux.

Comment

This seems to mean a few things for the Dodgers: They don't believe Bellinger is cooked. They want to give Lux more PT. Chris Taylor becomes the primary LF, although they obviously still prioritize positional flexibility.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I merged these 2 threads together so we can talk about it in one place

Comment

Bad news for Andrew Vaughn I guess.

Comment

Straight up trade, one for one.

Comment

Nice to see a good, solid old fashion trade with no prospects involved. Seems like old times...

Comment

Guy in my NL only league has/had Pollock and Treinen. Treinen is cheap enough and we have holds as a category to still keep him but that hurts.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by CC2022 View Post
                        Nice to see a good, solid old fashion trade with no prospects involved. Seems like old times...
                        Yes it does.

Welcome to RJ!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Yes it does.

Welcome to RJ!
                          Thanks. I'm actually back from a few year hiatus. I was roadtrip68 but the system deleted my account for some reason and I had to start a new one. I went to change my name at least back and can't seem to do that. Good to be back.

Comment

Don't forget that in 2019 and 2020, Kimbrel was beyond putrid, and he was awful for the White Sox last year as well. I don't think that it's a given that he takes the role and runs with it...seems like more of a no pressure play for the Dodgers. Would they like for him to be good again? Of course, but they've got pieces in place in their 'pen to cover themselves if he implodes.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Don't forget that in 2019 and 2020, Kimbrel was beyond putrid, and he was awful for the White Sox last year as well. I don't think that it's a given that he takes the role and runs with it...seems like more of a no pressure play for the Dodgers. Would they like for him to be good again? Of course, but they've got pieces in place in their 'pen to cover themselves if he implodes.
                              Kimbrel stat after traded to the White Sox: IP 23 H 18 BB 10 HR 5 K 36 ERA 5.09 WHIP 1.22.

Comment

Working...
                              X