Who is the movie actress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the movie actress...

Who is the Movie actress that you have seen the most times?

Each movie stands as 1. So if I have seen The Big Sleep 15 times that would only count as 1 for Bacall not 15.

Probably Scarlet Johannsen simply because I've seen so many damn Marvel movies.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      That's the reason you tell your wife eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        I figured it had to be Meryl Streep, but then your ScarJo had me wondering. ScarJo I think is second, I've surprisingly seen a ton of Julia Roberts movies without particularly being a fan.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Yep Streep, Johannsen, Roberts all in top tier.

A few more:

Natalie Portman
          Cameron Diaz
          Elizabeth Taylor
          Cate Blanchett
          Angelina Jolie
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Most of the actresses I thought would be in my top tier are surprisingly about 10 movies (Jolie) or less.

I was surprised to learn that Sigourney Weaver so far tops my list at 15 without voice overs. Nothing wrong I just don't think of them when making my lists.

And a stunner Ann Margret ties Sigourney at 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Most of the actresses I thought would be in my top tier are surprisingly about 10 movies (Jolie) or less.

I was surprised to learn that Sigourney Weaver so far tops my list at 15 without voice overs. Nothing wrong I just don't think of them when making my lists.
              Have you counted up Julia Roberts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Have you counted up Julia Roberts?
                I have her at 7.

Comment

These threads should put to rest any disputing how sexist Hollywood is.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I have her at 7.
                    At least 15 for me, she's been in a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      These threads should put to rest any disputing how sexist Hollywood is.
                      Even the views are almost 2:1 actors over actresses.

Kidding aside, I think it is more about men relating to the male characters.

Comment

Even the views are almost 2:1 actors over actresses.

Kidding aside, I think it is more about men relating to the male characters.
                        i think it's longevity. There's like 5 actresses that have had a long enough career to fit this thread. everyone else has been churned depending on what 20-something harvey Weinstein could get to screw him that week.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          i think it's longevity. There's like 5 actresses that have had a long enough career to fit this thread. everyone else has been churned depending on what 20-something harvey Weinstein could get to screw him that week.
                          I dont know about modern actresses but there are lots of actresses who are good candidates for this. I didnt count exactly but some of the actresses that I've seen in at least half a dozen movies are:

- Natalie Wood
                          - Jean Simmons
                          - Bette Davis
                          - Deborah Kerr
                          - Liz Taylor
                          - Ingrid Bergman
                          - Marilyn Monroe

Many others, if I bothered to count.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            I dont know about modern actresses but there are lots of actresses who are good candidates for this. I didnt count exactly but some of the actresses that I've seen in at least half a dozen movies are:

- Natalie Wood
                            - Jean Simmons
                            - Bette Davis
                            - Deborah Kerr
                            - Liz Taylor
                            - Ingrid Bergman
                            - Marilyn Monroe

Many others, if I bothered to count.
                            My high water marks are around 10 for actresses and 30's for actors.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I think your longevity comment has a lot of merit. Actresses have claimed for a long time there are very few good roles for women over 40.

It does seem like leading men well past their prime get still get roles as leading men who save the day and get the girl.

Comment

Working...
                              X