Do You Shave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Shave?

So I switched from disposable Gillette whatever the newest blade was to a safety razor about 3 years ago. Now I don't grow a thick beard, I can shave 2 times a week and be totally fine. But way back when my wife and I wanted to reduce our eco footprint and I can say--my shaving choice has been that and more.

So three years ago I invested $180 in a razor, a brush, a stand and 3 soap dishes. In that same three years I invested 50 bucks in shave soap. That comes out to 6.50 a month for shaving. Now I know I don't shave as often as most, but I am absolutely spending less than when I was a member of the Glide boys of the month club. I have also reduced my eco footprint. I just re upped my soaps (which will last a year or more) for 40 bucks. I have a ton of blades left and my razor, brush and soap holders are forever buys. So now, my shave expenses are 3.35 a month.

I'm curious about other who actually shave-Are you straight razor? safety? disposable? How do you make your choices and why?

BTW If you are a straight or safety guy--what's your go to soap?

I've tried and still use--Henry Cavendish, Conk Worlds Bay Rum and Taylor Old Bond Sandalwood.

Thanks for the input.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Interesting. My wife is one of those super couponers (although this has tailed off of late) and so I have, literally, 100s of razors, blades & Shave gels/creams in our stockroom. No joke! Seriously, this stash will last a few decades. So I pick and choose whatever I want like I'm at a CVS, lol.

I like the 4-blade razors, and have no idea which ones I use, lol, I just grab one every couple of months. I like the foams over gels, but we don't have as many of them in stock here.

Comment

I am very lazy about shaving and usually have a beard, although I shaved it before our LA trip last week. I use a Phillips Norelco one blade electric.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I have a mustache and goatee so I only shave cheeks and neck. I prefer a 4 blade as I think it is easier to handle and clogs less. I am currently using up a 5 blade and do not care for it. It does not shave as close as the 4 blade or even a 2 blade.

I use both cream and gel. It really doesn't matter so I switch it up thinking I will eventually pick a favorite. Nope it really doesn't matter.

Since Covid I have went from daily or every other day to once a week or every two weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X