Kale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kale

Kale is considered one of the top super foods.

Do any of you have a recipe that makes Kale actually taste good?

If it tasted like cabbage I wouldn't have to ask this question, but it doesn't.

Tuscan bean soup with kale (aka ribollita) is a standard around my house.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

smoothies
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        smoothies
        Seconded. Put it in a smoothie and you won't even taste it.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          Seconded. Put it in a suppository and you won't even taste it.
          so true
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

This should be a hot topic thread. Kale is very divisive. I hate it raw and I prefer to avoid it, but I have had it in a soup and it wasn't bad there.

Comment

My staple with kale is a spicy peanut rice bowl with pan fried kale and tofu (or chicken for the tofu biased folks). Will post recipe later if anyone wants it.

Kale fried up with garlic and ginger is super nice and can add to almost any meal.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Variety of kale can matter a lot. I like green kale for its shapes and texture, but I mix it up with the flatter black kale that's easier to cut up.

Also, if you don't know (because a lot of people don't), you're not supposed to eat the stems! Very crucial. I hate getting kale stems in a meal from a restaurant. That's horse feed, to me.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  This should be a hot topic thread. Kale is very divisive. I hate it raw and I prefer to avoid it, but I have had it in a soup and it wasn't bad there.
                  Just gimme a second and I'll find a way to get this going sideways...
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Just gimme a second and I'll find a way to get this going sideways...
                    Dang, this thread went all kinds of sideways.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. All these sound interesting.

I would like to get a cup of Kale for my individual serving. I can see where that would line up with smoothies and fried dish. What would that look like in the soup and rice bowl (how much would I have to add to get everyone a cup of Kale or would that be too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Dang, this thread went all kinds of sideways.
                        I left the top off the blender....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          so true
                          Wait, have I been using suppositories wrong all these years?

Comment

Tell me how they taste and then I'll let you know....

Comment

How did you think you were supposited to use them?

Comment

Working...
                              X