Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    How do you define "Dog people?"
    Human pups like to live in packs, play with squeaky toys, eat from bowls and nuzzle their ‘handlers’. Ahead of a new documentary, Spot, Bootbrush and Kaz open up about their community

Comment

I did not see that coming. That is really creepy...and sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        You're not Malcom Crowe are you?
        No he is a wolf. That is why they do not talk to him...cause he is a wolf!

Comment

I did not see that coming. That is really creepy...and sick.
          If you can imagine it, it's someone's kink

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            If you can imagine it, it's someone's kink

Comment

I have to allow extra time when I take Fergus to the store. It is an adventure. He is very well trained and stays in the heal position right next to my left hip. I do not intrude down isles that someone else is in. That said the reason I have to allow the extra hour is that he attracts people sometimes small crowds. Most want to know about the breed, pet him, get their picture taken with him or take his picture.

Of course there are some that do not want to engage and show it by their body language. This may have happened 3 times in 5 years. I always respect that and go the other way or wait for them to pass if I was in the isle first and have no easy exit.

Getting a dog like Fergus is a commitment. His behavior is my responsibility. I have considered ALL things that go into training this breed as well as ALL things that go into taking my dog to dog friendly places.

If someone wants to be crabby in one of these places it is because they are looking for reasons to be crabby.
              Nice little story, but irrelevant.

If you don't NEED to have your animal in the store (service) then having them with you is simply because you WANT to have them with you. You're putting your desires to do what YOU want over the consideration of others.

You're just being inconsiderate, thoughtless and/or selfish--which is your right, just own it--to try and defend that behavior is entitlement--saying that others who point out your behavior are just trying to "control" you (or the animal) is a tired trope used by those not wanting to be called out (cancelled, PC etc)

I'm not crabby--My right to walk through a store unfettered supersedes your right to walk your dog down the same aisle I'm shopping in.

BTW you keep ignoring the fact some folks are allergic to dogs--but fuck those crabby, controlling, entitled dog haters right?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

How do you define "Dog people?"

Is it just people who own dogs? Are there dog owners that are not "dog people?"

Regarding control issues. That is a trick statement. I do not think most dog owners get a dog so they can control something. In fact I believe that most dog owners should be more controlling. The dogs that non-dog people have the most trouble with are those that are not trained correctly. I will also add that well trained dogs are happier dogs.

Places that allow dogs are free to do so. People that do not want to encounter a dog in that particular place should stay away. The dog and dog owner do not owe it to the entitled non-dog people to comply with their wishes.

If you do not like loud noises stay out of the bowling alley.

There is a difference between Service Dogs and Therapy Dogs. Service dogs perform a service for someone with a disability. They should be allowed anywhere. Therapy Dogs give comfort, and support. They do play by the same rules as Service dogs. They should not be allowed anywhere.

Even therapy dogs have training to go through before they are allowed to visit hospitals, nursing homes, cancer wards etc. Dog people who buy fake vests so they can break the rules are the entitled that should be shown the door.
                I'm with you, Gregg. Consumers can make the informed choice to refuse to shop at places that permit dogs. And those of us who aren't soulless monsters can continue to shop at places that allow dogs. Problem solved.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Nice little story, but irrelevant.

If you don't NEED to have your animal in the store (service) then having them with you is simply because you WANT to have them with you. You're putting your desires to do what YOU want over the consideration of others.

You're just being inconsiderate, thoughtless and/or selfish--which is your right, just own it--to try and defend that behavior is entitlement--saying that others who point out your behavior are just trying to "control" you (or the animal) is a tired trope used by those not wanting to be called out (cancelled, PC etc)

I'm not crabby--My right to walk through a store unfettered supersedes your right to walk your dog down the same aisle I'm shopping in.

BTW you keep ignoring the fact some folks are allergic to dogs--but fuck those crabby, controlling, entitled dog haters right?
                  Why does everything have to be the most crippling issue that ever faced humankind?
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

but fuck those crabby, controlling, entitled dog haters right?
                    No angst at all

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Uh, so your contention is that east coasters are more courteous than west coasters?
                      things like holding the door for the person coming in behind you, or standing to the side of the escalator so people can get by you, not running over people in a cross-walk, giving a wave when someone is nice enough to let you into traffic, not standing in the middle of the aisle to read your phone. It's probably because they have been bitched out enough to learn you don't do stupid shit like that. It's not friendlier, or more hospitable, or things like that. They just realize there are other people in the world.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Why does everything have to be the most crippling issue that ever faced humankind?
                        I get it, I'm a hammer. I pound away until the point is made and then some. I want accountability--always and am belligerent in asking for it.

Gregg's a nice guy but he often misses the nuance of the social contract. I point it out and I'm the bad guy--no worries, I own it.

You have mentioned on more than one occasion, you aren't keen to my style of doing/saying things. Understood.

I will continue to call out inconsideration when I see it no matter how inconsequential. I'll continue to ask people to own their shit.

If it bothers you that much--put me on ignore , don't engage in the thread or whatever it takes to make it tolerable for you.

And yes, the thoughtlessness and lack of consideration we've been witnessing over the past 5 years of TFG/Covid etc IS a serious issue from my perspective and as such merits my attention.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          I'm with you, Gregg. Consumers can make the informed choice to refuse to shop at places that permit dogs. And those of us who aren't soulless monsters can continue to shop at places that allow dogs. Problem solved.
                          Wait, so if i'm a soulless monster am I not allowed to shop at places with dogs ? This doesn't seem fair, I have enough problems just being a soulless monster.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            No angst at all
                            You do know that it's possible to say go fuck yourself and be totally non angsty right?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I get it, I'm a hammer. I pound away until the point is made and then some. I want accountability--always and am belligerent in asking for it.

Gregg's a nice guy but he often misses the nuance of the social contract. I point it out and I'm the bad guy--no worries, I own it.

You have mentioned on more than one occasion, you aren't keen to my style of doing/saying things. Understood.

I will continue to call out inconsideration when I see it no matter how inconsequential. I'll continue to ask people to own their shit.

If it bothers you that much--put me on ignore , don't engage in the thread or whatever it takes to make it tolerable for you.

And yes, the thoughtlessness and lack of consideration we've been witnessing over the past 5 years of TFG/Covid etc IS a serious issue from my perspective and as such merits my attention.
                              What are the things that you do that are similarly inconsiderate?

Comment

My point was meant to be a lot more lighthearted than that?

And maybe you also miss different nuances of the social contract? e.g., that society doesn't work very well if we're constantly in each other's faces about inconsequential shit?

How did we get from dogs in hardware stores to COVID? Never mind, don't answer that.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X