Car Jacking getting close to home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Jacking getting close to home.

I just received an email from one of our members who plays in both 5x5 only leagues. He was car jacked yesterday losing is car, cell phone, wallet, computer and some other things.

He did not give any other details (the purpose of the email was to give us his temporary phone number).

I am glad he wasn't hurt.

Car jacking has always angered me. This is now closer to home.

Sorry that happened to your leaguemate. That would be a very scary situation to endure.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Sorry that happened to your leaguemate. That would be a very scary situation to endure.
      Thank you. Yes he texted me that he is trying to build back his life one step at a time.

I can't help wonder if one that survives a car jacking can ever drive around without thinking about it?

I really enjoy driving, even in big cities. I think if this happened to me it would rob me of that joy. I am not sure telling myself statistics of the long odds on repeat would help.

Comment

Yikes. I just got my door locks fixed and set them to lock when I start driving. I live in a low crime area, but I should probably keep them that way.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

i was car jacked, guy put a 9mm right to the side of my head.. which, in case you were wondering, is unpleasant.
          I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

Originally posted by [echo] View Post
            i was car jacked, guy put a 9mm right to the side of my head.. which, in case you were wondering, is unpleasant.
            Wow! I am so glad you are ok and are able to write about it!

Scary stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X