2K22 Noah Syndergaard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K22 Noah Syndergaard

It would seem that the high risk high reward Noah Syndergaard might come at the lowest price we have had in years and maybe going forward as well. Certainly less risk in mixed leagues than only.

What would you be willing to pay at auction this year?

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Certainly less risk in mixed leagues than only.
    huh? he has the same risk regardless of what type league you are in, and his relative risk is scaled identically to the relative risk of other players

Comment

I have him at $7 in a mixed league and probably will not keep him. His ADP right now is around 220, so you're definitely right that his value has bottomed out. I wouldn't pay very much for him right now, honestly. We're coming up on four years since he's been elite and last year he'd lost something like 4 mph off of his fastball, which at one point was the best in baseball.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        huh? he has the same risk regardless of what type league you are in, and his relative risk is scaled identically to the relative risk of other players
        I think Gregg is talking about how replacement level is higher in a mixed league so if you use a late pick or spend a buck or two on Thor, if he sucks or is hurt, you can cut bait and pick someone else up that won't be much different from the late rounder you could have picked instead of Thor. In an only league, his price will be more and replacement level is lower, so deciding to invest in Thor is a more dangerous move.

Depending on ST reports, I'd take a flyer on him in a mixed league on the cheap, but I would not pay up what it would probably take in an Only league.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          I have him at $7 in a mixed league and probably will not keep him. His ADP right now is around 220, so you're definitely right that his value has bottomed out. I wouldn't pay very much for him right now, honestly. We're coming up on four years since he's been elite and last year he'd lost something like 4 mph off of his fastball, which at one point was the best in baseball.
          26 pitches from last year doesn't really tell us much. Should know more in spring training.

Comment

26 pitches from last year don't really tell us much. Should know more in spring training.
            The fact none of them were anything other than fastballs and changeups is concerning. After a May setback, the Mets told Syndergaard not to throw sliders or curves.

I can't imagine the Angels would sign him without checking on whether he can throw his breaking pitches, but it adds a layer of uncertainty until we see Syndergaard on the mound in the spring.
            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

He is on a one year contract. If he is lights out mixed leagues get to keep him. If he signs in the NL AL only leagues lose him.

I also agree with Sour that his price/risk is higher in only leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I think Gregg is talking about how replacement level is higher in a mixed league so if you use a late pick or spend a buck or two on Thor, if he sucks or is hurt, you can cut bait and pick someone else up that won't be much different from the late rounder you could have picked instead of Thor. In an only league, his price will be more and replacement level is lower, so deciding to invest in Thor is a more dangerous move.

Depending on ST reports, I'd take a flyer on him in a mixed league on the cheap, but I would not pay up what it would probably take in an Only league.
                Ah, if so probably the wrong term, you are referring to the depth of the league not the universe. An 8 team Only league is roughly equivalent to a 16 team mixed in depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  If he signs in the NL AL only leagues lose him.
                  Careful, many leagues don't work like that.

Comment

you are referring to the depth of the league not the universe.
                    I think we have some ufo/alien thread to talk about the depth of the universe
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                    X