2K22: Rich Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K22: Rich Hill

Rich has had an ERA under 4.00 every year since you were in diapers. He was a workhorse last year starting 31 games. He's 41, 42, whatever, he's started 8 or more games six years in a row, ha ha. Excluding 2020 he had more than 20 starts 4 of the last 5 years.

He was mentioned in a recent article by The Athletic for AL east breakout candidates.

Whenever the season starts, there will be players who are under-the-radar today but end up making a difference in the division.

All said, I'm going a buck or two to get Rich Hill on my squad in 2022. Talk me into bidding $3
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Was pleasantly surprised at how well he pitched for TB before the sticky stuff ban, but then recovered some of his stuff going back to the NL once traded to the Mets.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Rich has had an ERA under 4.00 every year since you were in diapers. He was a workhorse last year starting 31 games. He's 41, 42, whatever, he's started 8 or more games six years in a row, ha ha. Excluding 2020 he had more than 20 starts 4 of the last 5 years.

He was mentioned in a recent article by The Athletic for AL east breakout candidates.

Whenever the season starts, there will be players who are under-the-radar today but end up making a difference in the division.

All said, I'm going a buck or two to get Rich Hill on my squad in 2022. Talk me into bidding $3
      Yep, I like him in the endgame. We have daily moves and I will pick up some middle relievers in the reserve round in case he falters.

Comment

Should we read anything into the lack of comments on Rich?

Could that be an indicator that there is not much interest in him making him even more likely to be won at a buck? Maybe even make it to reserve rounds for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Should we read anything into the lack of comments on Rich?
          it's really really cold out & the lack of an agreement has me not yet thinking much about ball. I suspect that's a common feeling.

re: Hill, in dollar days I like to look for guys who could turn into something in future years; I might take one old guy like him but he's not someone I typically target, esp in the AL east. And all it takes is two guys with a bit too much cash at the end of the auction to be interested in him & suddenly he's a $8 guy.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I haven't had any interest here since 2K6.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I haven't had any interest here since 2K6.
              So you bailed on him when he turned 40?

Comment

Working...
              X