2K22: Whit Merrifield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K22: Whit Merrifield

He doesn't have a red beard, but damn, he's fast. With a name like Whit, why would you not go the extra dollar. He stole 40 bags last year, maybe 50 this year ? The sky is the limit...or is it. He'll be 33 this year and he has declining slugging and obp the last several years. On the plus side he plays nearly every game, appearing in 162 each of the last full seasons. Anyone going more than 30 ? Me neither.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

I am keeping him at $32. AL only OBP 5x5. I am not extending him.

I do expect him to have a year like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I am keeping him at $32. AL only OBP 5x5. I am not extending him.

I do expect him to have a year like last year.
      Honestly I might keep at 32 as well...although I expect a few less SB's than last year.. Any leg injury that affects his running game crushes his value, so he's kind of risky.
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He's never been on the IL in his MLB career and he's putting up insane amount of volume having missed just four games in four seasons. Baseball is a young man's game, and he turns 33 this month. Something has to give

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          He's never been on the IL in his MLB career and he's putting up insane amount of volume having missed just four games in four seasons. Baseball is a young man's game, and he turns 33 this month. Something has to give
          Not until 2023.

Comment

Working...
          X