AL Only Keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only Keeper help

Looking for opinions on extensions, and who to deal, as I have more than my 10 keeper slots.

12 team AL, 1 catcher, 2 DH. 5x5 with SV+HOLDS replacing saves.

A. Mondesi SS/3B $20X (guaranteed, or cut for $10)
    A. Rosario SS/OF $15B
    A. Toro-Hernandez 2B/3B $2B
    T. Hernandez OF $18 OPT
    A. Baddoo OF $4B
    C. Mullins OF $9B
    K. Lewis OF $5B
    Y. Alvarez OF $5 OPT
    C. Sale $14 OPT
    L. Severino $3 OPT
    D. Cease $14B
    N. Eovaldi $16B

That's 12 guys for 10 spots.

I traded away G. Cole $41('22) for Sale mid-season, hoping the $22-$27 savings (depending on extension) help me stay more competitive, and that Sale produces close to G. Cole next year.

I wouldn't cut Mondesi, he has league winning upside. But he's clearly the most redundant piece, given SB from Mullins, Baddoo, Teo, Rosario, and Toro-Hernandez. Seems like a no-brainer to trade him, but open to ideas.

If I cut Eovaldi, I believe he'd go much higher at auction, likely the $24-$29 range. Same story with Rosario, given the rarity of SB, he increased his value into the $22+ range for sure.

I know Toro-Hernandez was kinda meh, but I think he had some bad batted ball luck, his approach looks good, and he has the sprint speed for more SB, plus multi-position with CI/MI, and only $2.

If nobody wants $20 Mondesi, would you cut him even with the $10 penalty? We use BA, not OBP, so he isn't a huge liability anywhere. Only player with 70 SB upside, would feel dumb to cut him.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

I'd be fine cutting Eovaldi at that price. I'd also definitely look to flip Mondesi if you think that's even possible. He's the poster boy of hitters I hate to roster - his real baseball skills are bad enough that he's in huge jeopardy of losing a starting gig or maybe even getting demoted. Can't steal 70 bags when you're not playing. I'd also be okay losing Rosario - you know your league best, but hard to imagine he'll overshoot $15 by a lot at auction. If you want to keep him, I'd drop Toro.

Hell of a list, man.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Ya, first of all, nice list.

Definitely extend Alvarez, maybe one year for Teoscar and keep your margins on Sale and Severino.

Eovaldi and Rosario are #11 and 12.

The SS/3B eligibility for Mondesi clinches him as a keeper for me and as you say has league winning upside. He's the type that would give you a sick feeling in your stomach if you cut him. I'd be pretty surprised if nobody in your league wanted him. In my NFBC 50 style mixed league he went at pick 46 just behind T. Anderson and Bogaerts and just ahead of Giolito and Alonzo.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        In my NFBC 50 style mixed league he went at pick 46 just behind T. Anderson and Bogaerts and just ahead of Giolito and Alonzo.
        Um, wow!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Yeah you don't drop Mondesi at that price, he may have trouble staying on the field but when he is there he can win you a category. Mondesi + random bench replacement guy who will fill in > $20 IMO.

Comment

Mondesi is a no-brain keep for me there.
            Eovaldi and Rosario are the cuts, IMO
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

In a vacuum. The reality is, you've got time to find a talent starved team and package up a 2 or 3-for-1 deal.
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                In a vacuum. The reality is, you've got time to find a talent starved team and package up a 2 or 3-for-1 deal.
                Yep, he needs to do that twice.

Comment

Working...
                X