Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher trade help please...

AL only 5x5, $260 budget 12 team.

Somebody with pitching inquiring on my $2B Kirilloff.

He floated Berrios $26C (play out or raise at $5), Alek Manoah 2B (can give raise next year), Shane McClanahan 10B (can give raise next year), Luis Severino 11C (need to give raise or play out) or Framber Valdez 8B (raise next year or play out).

I like Kirilloff quite a bit. But some of these are tempting. How about some thoughts and suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    AL only 5x5, $260 budget 12 team.

Somebody with pitching inquiring on my $2B Kirilloff.

He floated Berrios $26C (play out or raise at $5), Alek Manoah 2B (can give raise next year), Shane McClanahan 10B (can give raise next year), Luis Severino 11C (need to give raise or play out) or Framber Valdez 8B (raise next year or play out).

I like Kirilloff quite a bit. But some of these are tempting. How about some thoughts and suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
    Hurry and accept the Manoah offer before it's off the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Why doesn't anyone ever offer me a deal like that?

Comment

I agree
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It is not an offer yet But we started the Trade Dance. I just got off the phone with the gotta give to get gambit. He said he is interested will do a deeper dive on Kirilloff and get back to me by five tonight This is not unusual for this owner. He throws ideas out and then if he see's you are interested takes another look. We have made quite a few trades over the years. It is just the process.

I mentioned the offer of a $53 Cole for my 31C Tim Anderson could be an option. But then I would have to keep the cheap Kirilloff. He said you don't want to do that. I replied only if we don't do our deal.

Now we wait.

Thank you all for your comments.

Comment

He backed out.

NOT because he thinks Manoah is so much better (he read he will be on an innings limit this year). But because he thinks Kirilloff will platoon and not get enough ABs. Yet he is projected for just over 500 ABs. Qualifying for 1B, OF, and DH. He will get his at bats.

Comment

I'll be the contrarian and say you were lucky. Kirilloff is going to play full time, probably splitting between 1st and the OF giving him 2 position eligibility with adds some value to his bat. He's got .280/25/80 upside in this season, IMO...maybe higher. Manoah is very good, but I never trust a pitcher over a hitter if I think it's close. I trusted Luzardo last season and look what happened. I had no expectations for Trevor Rogers and he shoved...I'll take the bat.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I'll be the contrarian and say you were lucky. Kirilloff is going to play full time, probably splitting between 1st and the OF giving him 2 position eligibility with adds some value to his bat. He's got .280/25/80 upside in this season, IMO...maybe higher. Manoah is very good, but I never trust a pitcher over a hitter if I think it's close. I trusted Luzardo last season and look what happened. I had no expectations for Trevor Rogers and he shoved...I'll take the bat.
                To each their own, but Manoah significantly outperformed Kiriloff last year and he's going much earlier in drafts.

I definitely understand aversion to pitchers, but unfortunately pitching categories make up half of roto points.

If you are light on pitching and heavy on hitting you have a couple choices, either make a reasonable trade of equivalent pitcher for hitter, or make a lopsided trade of a much better pitcher than the hitter you are giving up. Which... seems unlikely and a bad practice in general if you like your league.

Comment

It is not an offer yet But we started the Trade Dance. I just got off the phone with the gotta give to get gambit. He said he is interested will do a deeper dive on Kirilloff and get back to me by five tonight This is not unusual for this owner. He throws ideas out and then if he see's you are interested takes another look. We have made quite a few trades over the years. It is just the process.

I mentioned the offer of a $53 Cole for my 31C Tim Anderson could be an option. But then I would have to keep the cheap Kirilloff. He said you don't want to do that. I replied only if we don't do our deal.

Now we wait.

Thank you all for your comments.
                  wait, he approached you and then he backed out based on the player he wanted to ask about?

Really poor form. I'd make sure he knows that I'd love to make trades with him, but that's not a good way to do it.

Comment

To each their own, but Manoah significantly outperformed Kiriloff last year and he's going much earlier in drafts.

I definitely understand aversion to pitchers, but unfortunately pitching categories make up half of roto points.

If you are light on pitching and heavy on hitting you have a couple choices, either make a reasonable trade of equivalent pitcher for hitter, or make a lopsided trade of a much better pitcher than the hitter you are giving up. Which... seems unlikely and a bad practice in general if you like your league.
                    Kiriloff was hurt for a significant portion of last year, I think he only ended up with 230 AB's or so. And a fair amount of the PT he did have was compromised by the injuries that eventually drove him to surgery. But I might just overvalue Twins players in general...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

wait, he approached you and then he backed out based on the player he wanted to ask about?

Really poor form. I'd make sure he knows that I'd love to make trades with him, but that's not a good way to do it.
                      Yep.

Then he tried to do a two for one on a couple of my players that I originally told him I wasn't trading.

Given my roster, money, and who is back in auction I decided to accept the invitation from the new guy to chat on the phone about his $53 Cole offer. I ended up pulling the trigger. I will be posting my AL team in the next day or two for critique.

Comment

That's funny, I was just coming to post about Kiriloff because I have him in a 20-team dynasty sim league. He won't be very useful this year because the sim uses last season's stats. My other option is Gurriel, who had a fine season but is 37.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Ask him for McLanahan instead?

Comment

I ended up trading my 31 (play out or give raise at $5 per year) Tim Anderson for 53B Gerrit Cole to a different owner.

Now my pitching looks like this going into the auction:

Gerrit Cole 53B
                            Marco Gonzales 2X
                            Michael Kopech 8XX
                            Mike Minor 3B
                            Justin Verlander 1B
                            Cole Sulser 6B

Kopech is done after this year. If Sulser is not the closer I think I put him back. I can give Gonzales a year but I am not planning on it.

I know there are question marks, but I am pretty stoked about this staff. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Comment

I ended up trading my 31 (play out or give raise at $5 per year) Tim Anderson for 53B Gerrit Cole to a different owner.

Now my pitching looks like this going into the auction:

Gerrit Cole 53B
                              Marco Gonzales 2X
                              Michael Kopech 8XX
                              Mike Minor 3B
                              Justin Verlander 1B
                              Cole Sulser 6B

Kopech is done after this year. If Sulser is not the closer I think I put him back. I can give Gonzales a year but I am not planning on it.

I know there are question marks, but I am pretty stoked about this staff. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
                              Do you have any options other than Minor? Doesn't feel like a keeper.

Comment

Working...
                              X