Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBS excel question

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    you know you're in the right forum when there's posturing about which lookup function is best
    Sort of. But we actually all agree on xlookup

Get busy concatenatin' or get busy dyin'.

XLookup?

"It's all Xlookup these days! You might need a refresher course, heyyyyy!!"

Rookie League
    One of my favorite things with CBS site is their export capabilities. I do the same as what revo does - go to Teams page/All, then export. Vlookups were mentioned - I've started using Index/Match formula more, and that's been super useful. I have all kinds of custom reports created for my keeper leagues. I also export transactions and keep them in a master file. Comes in very handy when I want to research prior transactions (year over year too). Also, as commissioner of my keeper leagues, I monitor when players with minor league league contracts ("ML") have either been activated or have exceeded minimum MLB AB/IPs. To
    do this, I've just created a simple custom report.

Point being, I know CBS gets knocked a lot, but I've been using the site for 18-20 years now, and at least from a commissioner perspective, I've found it extremely user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleehrat Nation View Post
    One of my favorite things with CBS site is their export capabilities. I do the same as what revo does - go to Teams page/All, then export. Vlookups were mentioned - I've started using Index/Match formula more, and that's been super useful. I have all kinds of custom reports created for my keeper leagues. I also export transactions and keep them in a master file. Comes in very handy when I want to research prior transactions (year over year too). Also, as commissioner of my keeper leagues, I monitor when players with minor league league contracts ("ML") have either been activated or have exceeded minimum MLB AB/IPs. To

Point being, I know CBS gets knocked a lot, but I've been using the site for 18-20 years now, and at least from a commissioner perspective, I've found it extremely user friendly.
    Hey, welcome aboard! Can you go a little more in-depth about "Index/Match"? I may know more about Excel than 95% of the population, but it's those 5% that know 1000x more than I do, and this is well above my pay grade.

Scooter Stunt Double Moonlight J's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleehrat Nation View Post