Keeper help with minor league players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper help with minor league players

Since it is pretty slow, I am going over my keeper list for this year. We are a 12 team AL only keeper league. 5x5 scoring with standard $260 max with 23 active players and 14 reserve.

Had some decent minor league players going into last years draft and was able to pick up some even better ones during the draft (thanks to RHD) and some via in season dump trades.

We can only protect 3 minor league players for this yr, so I am going to have to package some guys to get some MLB keepers possibly.

We do not start the 3 year contract on a player until they are called up to the bigs.

Julio Rodriguez Sea $10
    Blaze Jordan Bos $2
    Riley Greene Det $5
    Yoelqui Cespedes Chi $2
    Justin Foscue Tex $2

DL Hall Bal $2
    Emerson Hancock Sea $5
    Jack Leiter Tex $5

If a player were to make the opening day roster, then I would need to protect that player as one of the 23 Active roster players and that would open up another 3 reserve spots to protect another minor league player. I plan to for sure protect J Rodriguez, Greene and not sure on the last one.

but here are some questions
    Does any of the players listed above have a chance to make the opening day roster?
    Which players have the best chance to be called up and make an impact in 2022?
    Aside from Greene and Rodriguez, who has the best long term fantasy potential?
    Any players that I should for sure not consider to keep?

thanks for any comments or info.

I'd say Riley Greene has the best odds of breaking with the team, with Julio Rodriguez being a solid maybe. I don't see any of the others making it.

If you can only keep 3 of those, you have a really tough set of choices to make. Greene and Rodriguez are automatics to me. The last one...wow; you could pick one of four or five and be right. The only for sure toss backs, to me, given your list, are Jordan and Hall.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
      Since it is pretty slow, I am going over my keeper list for this year. We are a 12 team AL only keeper league. 5x5 scoring with standard $260 max with 23 active players and 14 reserve.

Had some decent minor league players going into last years draft and was able to pick up some even better ones during the draft (thanks to RHD) and some via in season dump trades.

We can only protect 3 minor league players for this yr, so I am going to have to package some guys to get some MLB keepers possibly.

We do not start the 3 year contract on a player until they are called up to the bigs.

Julio Rodriguez Sea $10
      Blaze Jordan Bos $2
      Riley Greene Det $5
      Yoelqui Cespedes Chi $2
      Justin Foscue Tex $2

DL Hall Bal $2
      Emerson Hancock Sea $5
      Jack Leiter Tex $5

If a player were to make the opening day roster, then I would need to protect that player as one of the 23 Active roster players and that would open up another 3 reserve spots to protect another minor league player. I plan to for sure protect J Rodriguez, Greene and not sure on the last one.

but here are some questions
      Does any of the players listed above have a chance to make the opening day roster?
      Which players have the best chance to be called up and make an impact in 2022?
      Aside from Greene and Rodriguez, who has the best long term fantasy potential?
      Any players that I should for sure not consider to keep?

thanks for any comments or info.
      My guess is that nobody makes the opening day roster, Greene is probably the closest, but a late start to ST will probably doom that. Not to mention service time, but that all depends on the current negotiations.

Greene will be up, and fairly soon. Rodriguez maybe by mid-season.

Leiter, Hancock, and Foscue have very good long term potential, as does Cespedes. Hall is a ways away, and he had an elbow injury last season, so depending on your risk tolerance, he can be a keeper as well.

I don't see any of your guys that I'd consider easy cuts, Jordan is probably the furthest away, if that counts for anything.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

thanks to Chance and Horns for their replies.

I will protect J Rodriguez and R Greene, but have I have narrowed it down to Leiter, Cespedes or Hancock for the last spot. I can only protect 3.

Anyone else care to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
          thanks to Chance and Horns for their replies.

I will protect J Rodriguez and R Greene, but have I have narrowed it down to Leiter, Cespedes or Hancock for the last spot. I can only protect 3.

Anyone else care to comment?
          I would go with either Leiter or Cespedes depending on what you need. I'd lean towards Leiter given your 2 other OF farm keepers. Cespedes needs work on his approach (27 K, 3 BB in 100 PA @ AA).

I took Hancock out of the running because of his injury. Leiter should also have bigger name appeal, both because of his bloodlines and recent high draft pick.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            I would go with either Leiter or Cespedes depending on what you need. I'd lean towards Leiter given your 2 other OF farm keepers. Cespedes needs work on his approach (27 K, 3 BB in 100 PA @ AA).

I took Hancock out of the running because of his injury. Leiter should also have bigger name appeal, both because of his bloodlines and recent high draft pick.
            Exactly what I'd have said, except for me, it is 100% Leiter over Cespedes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Exactly what I'd have said, except for me, it is 100% Leiter over Cespedes.
              This.

Comment

Working...
              X