Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: 2k22 Zac Gallen

  1. #21
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    It is funny that you mention Kershaw. I was actually comparing them. I am getting leery of Kershaw, yet I would easily take him over Gallen for this coming year. He is in the last year of his $29 contract in our NL only league. If he was back in this year I would probably go $22ish.
    Yeah, it is just so surprising to me that you'd go to $22 for Kershaw but not even roster Gallen when, to me, he represents just as much risk as Gallen does at this point. At least until we learn more about how he is doing. I mean, I can see ranking Kersahw ahead of Gallen for sure, but they are close to me. Certainly not $22 apart.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I would also take Kershaw pretty easily over Gallen, even though I am apparently higher on Gallen than many others. However, that comes with a huge caveat, as Kershaw missed the postseason with injuries and I haven't heard much since then about how he's doing.
    Great point!

    What do the Dodgers know that we don't. If they wouldn't go one year $18M, maybe I should pump the brakes a bit.

  3. #23
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Great point!

    What do the Dodgers know that we don't. If they wouldn't go one year $18M, maybe I should pump the brakes a bit.
    Pretty sure they didn't extend the QO out of respect for Kershaw more than anything else. I wouldn't read much into that, honestly.
    I think the tragedy is that we have a Congress with a Senate that has a minority of misguided senators who will use the filibuster to keep the majority of people from even voting. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

  4. #24
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,315
    From what I have seen from early rankings, many places have them close together and some have Gallen ahead of Kershaw. Here are a couple of rankings that break that way:

    Our old friend Sporer likes Gallen, ranking him at 31: https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/paul-s...2-sp-rankings/

    The Fantrax consensus has Gallen higher as well:
    https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/paul-s...2-sp-rankings/

    ETA: Sporer really likes Sale too, ranking him 10th.

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yeah, it is just so surprising to me that you'd go to $22 for Kershaw but not even roster Gallen when, to me, he represents just as much risk as Gallen does at this point. At least until we learn more about how he is doing. I mean, I can see ranking Kersahw ahead of Gallen for sure, but they are close to me. Certainly not $22 apart.
    I am going to be very angry if you all talk me into Gallen and he needs TJ.

  6. #26
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I am going to be very angry if you all talk me into Gallen and he needs TJ.
    Ha, that is not my intent. If you had said you were not touching Kershaw either, it would have all made sense to me--it would mean you want to avoid as much pitching risk as possible this year. I could get that. But not wanting to spend anything on Gallen and saying you'd go $22 on Kershaw, I didn't get. Both are risky.

  7. #27
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I am going to be very sad at you if you all talk me into Gallen and he needs TJ.
    Fixed that for you.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    This is awesome! Thank you.

  9. #29
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    23,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Most of you are shockingly low on Gallen. He is risky, but the idea that he isn't worth a roster spot, even in a shallow mixed league, is crazy to me. He could end up winning people leagues if he is taken in the late rounds or dollar days.
    To be fair, his ADP is 135, which means you'd have to take him in the 8th-9th rd of a 15-16tm mixed league -- that's not chump change. So I think they're looking at risk/reward, and I agree, if you need to use an 8th rd pick on Gallen to land him, he's probably not worth the risk (both injury risk and ineffectiveness risk).

    Other SPs going around his ADP seem like much better values.

    If he were 3-4 rounds cheaper, that would be another story.

  10. #30
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,315
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    To be fair, his ADP is 135, which means you'd have to take him in the 8th-9th rd of a 15-16tm mixed league -- that's not chump change. So I think they're looking at risk/reward, and I agree, if you need to use an 8th rd pick on Gallen to land him, he's probably not worth the risk (both injury risk and ineffectiveness risk).

    Other SPs going around his ADP seem like much better values.

    If he were 3-4 rounds cheaper, that would be another story.
    Yeah, I have to agree with that, at least for a couple of names around him. But I think it is a missed opportunity for significant upside to completely write him off the ol draftt/auction list.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •