Is Jon Lester a HOFer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    I agree. But, if Morris is the new baseline, then Lester should get more consideration than many believe.
    One really bad decision should not beget another.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

OK, how about new HOFer Jim Kaat?

283-237
      3.45 ERA
      108 ERA+
      1.259 WHIP
      2461 K
      1x Top 5 Cy Young
      1x Wins leader (1965)
      2x BB/9 leader

My point is, Lester isn't too far off. He might not get in, but he'll probably sit on the ballot for a number of years.

Comment

283-237
        3.45 ERA
        108 ERA+
        1.259 WHIP
        2461 K
        1x Top 5 Cy Young
        1x Wins leader (1965)
        2x BB/9 leader

My point is, Lester isn't too far off. He might not get in, but he'll probably sit on the ballot for a number of years.
        Kaat doesn't seem like a HOF pitcher based on quality. He has a longevity (and Twins icon) argument that centers around 4530 innings pitched (18th among post-1900 pitchers) and 283 wins.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

There is some talk of the Cubs retiring his number. I would be in favor of that.

He is very good, HOF a bit short.

Comment

I expect Lester will get enough votes to surpass the 5% threshold to stay on the ballot. But I also don't expect him to get anywhere close to 75% support necessary for induction.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Someone elsewhere compared Lester to Tim Hudson, and I think that's a decent comp.

Comment

I respect that lone yes vote amidst 20 no votes. Pretty cool that Jon Lester is a member of RJ. Did anyone know that?

Comment

Ok, two bad decisions should not beget another.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

283-237
                    3.45 ERA
                    108 ERA+
                    1.259 WHIP
                    2461 K
                    1x Top 5 Cy Young
                    1x Wins leader (1965)
                    2x BB/9 leader

Also should not have gotten in and we should really reconsider these silly old timers' votes or whatever they are that keep getting these marginal players elected.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                    X