Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who closes for San Francisco?

Camilo Doval or Jake McGee?

I have an $8 McGee that I'm thinking of keeping, but Doval's presence worries me.

Usually teams like to stick with experienced relievers for the 9th, so as to avoid exploding arbitration numbers on young relievers. But I just saw a reliever ranking list that had Doval 15th, and McGee 28th, so that gave me some pause.

Thoughts on how this plays out?
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

I think that you may see a repeat of last year, with Doval taking Rogers spot...it might even be a 3 headed monster as all 3 pitchers seem to be in the mix again. I like the skill set, but guessing here, I suspect that it'll be kind of a mess for saves.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Anyone else have thoughts on this? I have a decision to make (eventually) about a $5 McGee in a shallow mixed league.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I was surprised When they went back to doval at the end of the year but he pitched pretty well in the role after his initial ups and downs. I would still be keeping a $5 McGee myself I think though.

Comment

I'd toss back McGee at 5 in a shallow mixed league. I agree with Hornsby that this looks like some sort of 2 or 3 headed closer situation, and you can probably find other spec closers for $5 or less that can deliver a higher K rate at equivalent peripherals. And you're a Dodger fan. You know if you keep a Giant, they'll just screw you.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X