Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I trade Martinez and Gausman for Devers and Mahle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I trade Martinez and Gausman for Devers and Mahle?

The salaries are basically a wash. I am mostly worried about 2022, but Gausman has two more years under contract and Mahle is due an extension, which I would make a two year deal as well. Devers is done after this year and Martinez can be kept longer. I am also getting Michael Harris in the deal for the FYPD pick 27, so I come out ahead there, I think. Tough call. I was trying to get Devers for Martinez and a pick or prospect, but this is his counter. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    The salaries are basically a wash. I am mostly worried about 2022, but Gausman has two more years under contract and Mahle is due an extension, which I would make a two year deal as well. Devers is done after this year and Martinez can be kept longer. I am also getting Michael Harris in the deal for the FYPD pick 27, so I come out ahead there, I think. Tough call. I was trying to get Devers for Martinez and a pick or prospect, but this is his counter. Thoughts?
    which Martinez ? I assume JD ? I'd keep Gausman/JD
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      which Martinez ? I assume JD ? I'd keep Gausman/JD
      Yeah, JD....Mahle's spliits are just so bad, hard to swallow in a weekly league. His ERA at home is over 5. On the road, he is great, but even there, the sticky stuff seemed to be a factor for him. Gausman was actually better on the road last year, but I really don't like his move to the AL east--regression for him seems inevitable, but he will still be a good bit better than Mahle, and more stable. I do like Harris, but he would only be about who I could get for him to win in 2022. I could definitely get more for him than whoever I could get at pick 27. We have three Braves fans in the league, which helps his trade value.

Comment

Yeah, JD....Mahle's spliits are just so bad, hard to swallow in a weekly league. His ERA at home is over 5. On the road, he is great, but even there, the sticky stuff seemed to be a factor for him. Gausman was actually better on the road last year, but I really don't like his move to the AL east--regression for him seems inevitable, but he will still be a good bit better than Mahle, and more stable. I do like Harris, but he would only be about who I could get for him to win in 2022. I could definitely get more for him than whoever I could get at pick 27. We have three Braves fans in the league, which helps his trade value.
        Glad you are posting some baseball stuff, probably time to start doing some research.
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Glad you are posting some baseball stuff, probably time to start doing some research.
          I sure hope the season starts on time, but either way, baseball is a nice distraction. It being January is one reason I don't mind the Devers owner taking a week every time I answer for him to answer back .

Comment

I got him to add pick 12 for my pick 34 and did the deal. Final deal: JD Martinez, Kevin Gausman, picks 27 and 34 for Rafael Devers, Tyler Mahle, Michael Harris, and pick 12. I will be looking to move Mahle, the pick and Harris for a pitcher upgrade, if I can. Happy about the Martinez for Devers part, so if I can package the rest for something close to Gausman, I will be happy.

Comment

Ok, so I traded Mahle for Matt Chapman and Carlos Colmeranz. Then I traded Chapman for Eduardo Rodriguez and pick 10. So, as of now, the deal in total is I dealt JD Martinez and Kevin Gausman for Rafael Devers, Eduardo Rodriguez, picks 10 and 12, and Michael Harris and Carlos Colmeranz.

The money spent in the majors is about the same, but I think I lost the majors side by a little bit. I gained huge replenishing my minors from previous deals to improve my majors. Now, my hope is to use some of the new prospect assets to trade up my pitching, but that might be tricky, because I like my two worst pitchers--Erod and Gallen--more than most.

Comment

Ok, so I traded Mahle for Matt Chapman and Carlos Colmeranz. Then I traded Chapman for Eduardo Rodriguez and pick 10. So, as of now, the deal in total is I dealt JD Martinez and Kevin Gausman for Rafael Devers, Eduardo Rodriguez, picks 10 and 12, and Michael Harris and Carlos Colmeranz.

The money spent in the majors is about the same, but I think I lost the majors side by a little bit. I gained huge replenishing my minors from previous deals to improve my majors. Now, my hope is to use some of the new prospect assets to trade up my pitching, but that might be tricky, because I like my two worst pitchers--Erod and Gallen--more than most.
                Then upgrade your pretty good to really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Then upgrade your pretty good to really good.
                  Agree with this
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X