NY Times to buy The Athletic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Times to buy The Athletic

4:05pm: As previously expected, the deal has been announced following the close of the stock market. A press release by the …

I don't see how this will be good for The Athletic. One of the reasons I love The Athletic is it seems very unfettered by traditional media.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      I don't see how this will be good for The Athletic. One of the reasons I love The Athletic is it seems very unfettered by traditional media.
      They'll be able to leverage the more robust systems of the NYT infrastructure and not be so dependent on VC funding. This is going to get them an immediate bump in eyeballs on their great work as well. I just hope they don't cut some of the great writers and take those responsibilities and give them to run of the mill writers already on NYT staff.

Comment

Working...
      X