Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Chicago Bears.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I hope it stays football, but some of the rumors might make it lean to comedy.

There were some rumors that Sean Payton might be on the Bears radar. It would have to be via trade as Payton has two years left. BUT it is speculated that the Saints might not mind getting rid of his salary and start a rebuild. This would be my first choice.

I did just read that Doug Pederson is interviewing tomorrow. I kind of like that if Payton is off the table.
    That Payton speculation feels like more comedy to me. He makes the Saints well more than his salary every year, there's no way they are in a hurry to get rid of his salary. It doesn't even count against the cap -- it would be a pure business decision, and a poor one. New Orleans loves him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      That Payton speculation feels like more comedy to me. He makes the Saints well more than his salary every year, there's no way they are in a hurry to get rid of his salary. It doesn't even count against the cap -- it would be a pure business decision, and a poor one. New Orleans loves him.
      You are probably right...still $14m a year for two years is nothing to sneeze at. Plus Dennis Allen is waiting in the wings.

Comment

I'd be calling 1-800-BFLORES if I were the McCaskeys.

OTOH, it'd probably be a good idea to get a GM in place first.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'd be calling 1-800-BFLORES if I were the McCaskeys.

OTOH, it'd probably be a good idea to get a GM in place first.
          The Chicago Bears will interview Brian Flores for their head coaching vacancy, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

Comment

The Chicago Bears will interview Brian Flores for their head coaching vacancy, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
            Well, crap. I hoped the Bears would stay stupid.

Comment

Well, crap. I hoped the Bears would stay stupid.
              Fans are worried that there is still plenty of time for that. Talking to top candidates is much different than actually signing one.

Comment

Bears interviewing Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett on Saturday

Comment

If this were an 80's football forum you'd be onto something. On a national scale, the Bears aren't relevant anymore. Only "historic".
                  Robert Zeglinski: Look, I’m far from a person that believes the Bears deserve any respect as a professional football franchise. They do not. They’ve been far too inept for far too long to merit any benefit of the doubt. But that doesn’t change that they are still the Chicago Bears. Even with their lack of success for almost four decades running, their name carries weight. The coach that takes them over the top is a legend in the sport forever and a household name for the rest of their life. None of the other current jobs can attest to that potential.

George McCaskey and the rest of the Bears’ board (meaning, his family) are, without a doubt, an egregious group of failsons and faildaughters. But that can be said for most NFL owners, including many successful teams. For as idiotic and out of touch as they can be, I don’t buy that this family is a factor in preventing a premium name from taking the podium at Halas Hall.

Throw in a ready-made quarterback to mold like Justin Fields — the hardest part of the job to nail down — and this is the most attractive opening, bar none. Everyone wants to be the person that brings the Chicago Bears back to their former glory. As corny and cliche as it might sound, that distinction matters to type-A football people (which describes everyone).

Comment

LOL at a two-bit writer from the Rock River Times claiming the Bears don't deserve respect as a professional football franchise. What a maroon. Just in the last 20 years, the Bears have five conference championships, have reached the NFC Conference championship twice, won once, and has been to a Super Bowl. Could they have done better? Sure. But there's a lot of teams that have worse to much worse 20-year records than that.

Did they screw up with the Pace/Nagy combination? Sure.

Comment

LOL at a two-bit writer from the Rock River Times claiming the Bears don't deserve respect as a professional football franchise. What a maroon. Just in the last 20 years, the Bears have five conference championships, have reached the NFC Conference championship twice, won once, and has been to a Super Bowl. Could they have done better? Sure. But there's a lot of teams that have worse to much worse 20-year records than that.

Did they screw up with the Pace/Nagy combination? Sure.
                      When I saw you had replied, I was expecting a comment on the Packer's Hackett upcoming interview.

I did however still enjoy your remarks on what you posted.

Comment

I'm pretty sure our OC will be gone somewhere, which will be too bad, but pretty much inevitable. Hackett has done an amazing job - sure, he has Aaron Rodgers to work with, but the before and after metrics when Hackett started are pretty amazing.

And, sure I love picking on the Bears and Bears fans, but saying they don't deserve respect as a professional football franchise is simply a brain dead statement.

Comment

The Bears are talking to almost everyone with a pulse for their GM and Coach positions. They are being very public (damage control) about the candidates.

I do not remember this transparency or volume when they hired Pace and then Nagy.

They are saying that the GM will operate as the top position for all football activities and yet are open to hiring a coach before the GM if needed.

Comment

The Bears are talking to almost everyone with a pulse for their GM and Coach positions. They are being very public (damage control) about the candidates.

I do not remember this transparency or volume when they hired Pace and then Nagy.

They are saying that the GM will operate as the top position for all football activities and yet are open to hiring a coach before the GM if needed.
                            They're talking to Reggie McKenzie, for one. Nice guy but I wouldn't want him as my GM.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              They're talking to Reggie McKenzie, for one. Nice guy but I wouldn't want him as my GM.
                              Perfect! r.mckenzie sounds like a great fit for the HISTORIC bears.

Comment

Perfect! r.mckenzie sounds like a great fit for the HISTORIC bears.
                                No, no he doesn't.

It would make sense to me if the Bears promoted Champ Kelly to GM. Bears ownership would already know or at least have an idea who Champ would like as coach. And he would not have to be in the interview process.

If ownership is leaning this way it wouldn't matter if they announced the new HC before GM.

I am not saying I agree with this, just something that I could see happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X