Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Chicago Bears.

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    Well, crap. I hoped the Bears would stay stupid.
    Fans are worried that there is still plenty of time for that. Talking to top candidates is much different than actually signing one.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Bears interviewing Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett on Saturday

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    If this were an 80's football forum you'd be onto something. On a national scale, the Bears aren't relevant anymore. Only "historic".
    Robert Zeglinski: Look, I’m far from a person that believes the Bears deserve any respect as a professional football franchise. They do not. They’ve been far too inept for far too long to merit any benefit of the doubt. But that doesn’t change that they are still the Chicago Bears. Even with their lack of success for almost four decades running, their name carries weight. The coach that takes them over the top is a legend in the sport forever and a household name for the rest of their life. None of the other current jobs can attest to that potential.


    George McCaskey and the rest of the Bears’ board (meaning, his family) are, without a doubt, an egregious group of failsons and faildaughters. But that can be said for most NFL owners, including many successful teams. For as idiotic and out of touch as they can be, I don’t buy that this family is a factor in preventing a premium name from taking the podium at Halas Hall.

    Throw in a ready-made quarterback to mold like Justin Fields — the hardest part of the job to nail down — and this is the most attractive opening, bar none. Everyone wants to be the person that brings the Chicago Bears back to their former glory. As corny and cliche as it might sound, that distinction matters to type-A football people (which describes everyone).

  4. #24
    LOL at a two-bit writer from the Rock River Times claiming the Bears don't deserve respect as a professional football franchise. What a maroon. Just in the last 20 years, the Bears have five conference championships, have reached the NFC Conference championship twice, won once, and has been to a Super Bowl. Could they have done better? Sure. But there's a lot of teams that have worse to much worse 20-year records than that.

    Did they screw up with the Pace/Nagy combination? Sure.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    LOL at a two-bit writer from the Rock River Times claiming the Bears don't deserve respect as a professional football franchise. What a maroon. Just in the last 20 years, the Bears have five conference championships, have reached the NFC Conference championship twice, won once, and has been to a Super Bowl. Could they have done better? Sure. But there's a lot of teams that have worse to much worse 20-year records than that.

    Did they screw up with the Pace/Nagy combination? Sure.
    When I saw you had replied, I was expecting a comment on the Packer's Hackett upcoming interview.

    I did however still enjoy your remarks on what you posted.

  6. #26
    I'm pretty sure our OC will be gone somewhere, which will be too bad, but pretty much inevitable. Hackett has done an amazing job - sure, he has Aaron Rodgers to work with, but the before and after metrics when Hackett started are pretty amazing.

    And, sure I love picking on the Bears and Bears fans, but saying they don't deserve respect as a professional football franchise is simply a brain dead statement.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    The Bears are talking to almost everyone with a pulse for their GM and Coach positions. They are being very public (damage control) about the candidates.

    I do not remember this transparency or volume when they hired Pace and then Nagy.

    They are saying that the GM will operate as the top position for all football activities and yet are open to hiring a coach before the GM if needed.

  8. #28
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    The Bears are talking to almost everyone with a pulse for their GM and Coach positions. They are being very public (damage control) about the candidates.

    I do not remember this transparency or volume when they hired Pace and then Nagy.

    They are saying that the GM will operate as the top position for all football activities and yet are open to hiring a coach before the GM if needed.
    They're talking to Reggie McKenzie, for one. Nice guy but I wouldn't want him as my GM.
    “I think the tragedy is that we have a Congress with a Senate that has a minority of misguided senators who will use the filibuster to keep the majority of people from even voting.” —Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

  9. #29
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    They're talking to Reggie McKenzie, for one. Nice guy but I wouldn't want him as my GM.
    Perfect! r.mckenzie sounds like a great fit for the HISTORIC bears.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •