Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Chicago Bears.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    If this were an 80's football forum you'd be onto something. On a national scale, the Bears aren't relevant anymore. Only "historic".
    Yes, and that is why it is called The Historic and not The Relevant.

I do believe we will be relevant within two years.

I hope you didn't watch the Bears management press conference, Gregg.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I do believe we will be relevant within two years.
    Hey this is a football thread, not a standup comedy thread!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I hope you didn't watch the Bears management press conference, Gregg.
    I listened to it on the SCORE 670.

In some ways it was better than I expected and in others more disappointing.

Moving forward a lot will depend on how much power the new GM will really have.

Hall of Famer
    Hey this is a football thread, not a standup comedy thread!
    I hope it stays football, but some of the rumors might make it lean to comedy.

There were some rumors that Sean Payton might be on the Bears radar. It would have to be via trade as Payton has two years left. BUT it is speculated that the Saints might not mind getting rid of his salary and start a rebuild. This would be my first choice.

I did just read that Doug Pederson is interviewing tomorrow. I kind of like that if Payton is off the table.

I hope it stays football, but some of the rumors might make it lean to comedy.

There were some rumors that Sean Payton might be on the Bears radar. It would have to be via trade as Payton has two years left. BUT it is speculated that the Saints might not mind getting rid of his salary and start a rebuild. This would be my first choice.

I did just read that Doug Pederson is interviewing tomorrow. I kind of like that if Payton is off the table.
    That Payton speculation feels like more comedy to me. He makes the Saints well more than his salary every year, there's no way they are in a hurry to get rid of his salary. It doesn't even count against the cap -- it would be a pure business decision, and a poor one. New Orleans loves him.

Hall of Famer
    That Payton speculation feels like more comedy to me. He makes the Saints well more than his salary every year, there's no way they are in a hurry to get rid of his salary. It doesn't even count against the cap -- it would be a pure business decision, and a poor one. New Orleans loves him.
    You are probably right...still $14m a year for two years is nothing to sneeze at. Plus Dennis Allen is waiting in the wings.

I'd be calling 1-800-BFLORES if I were the McCaskeys.

OTOH, it'd probably be a good idea to get a GM in place first.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I'd be calling 1-800-BFLORES if I were the McCaskeys.

OTOH, it'd probably be a good idea to get a GM in place first.
    The Chicago Bears will interview Brian Flores for their head coaching vacancy, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

The Chicago Bears will interview Brian Flores for their head coaching vacancy, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
    Well, crap. I hoped the Bears would stay stupid.