Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Chicago Bears.

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    If this were an 80's football forum you'd be onto something. On a national scale, the Bears aren't relevant anymore. Only "historic".
    Yes, and that is why it is called The Historic and not The Relevant.

    I do believe we will be relevant within two years.

  2. #12
    I hope you didn't watch the Bears management press conference, Gregg.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

  3. #13
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I do believe we will be relevant within two years.
    Hey this is a football thread, not a standup comedy thread!

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I hope you didn't watch the Bears management press conference, Gregg.
    I listened to it on the SCORE 670.

    In some ways it was better than I expected and in others more disappointing.

    Moving forward a lot will depend on how much power the new GM will really have.

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Hey this is a football thread, not a standup comedy thread!
    I hope it stays football, but some of the rumors might make it lean to comedy.

    There were some rumors that Sean Payton might be on the Bears radar. It would have to be via trade as Payton has two years left. BUT it is speculated that the Saints might not mind getting rid of his salary and start a rebuild. This would be my first choice.

    I did just read that Doug Pederson is interviewing tomorrow. I kind of like that if Payton is off the table.

  6. #16
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I hope it stays football, but some of the rumors might make it lean to comedy.

    There were some rumors that Sean Payton might be on the Bears radar. It would have to be via trade as Payton has two years left. BUT it is speculated that the Saints might not mind getting rid of his salary and start a rebuild. This would be my first choice.

    I did just read that Doug Pederson is interviewing tomorrow. I kind of like that if Payton is off the table.
    That Payton speculation feels like more comedy to me. He makes the Saints well more than his salary every year, there's no way they are in a hurry to get rid of his salary. It doesn't even count against the cap -- it would be a pure business decision, and a poor one. New Orleans loves him.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    That Payton speculation feels like more comedy to me. He makes the Saints well more than his salary every year, there's no way they are in a hurry to get rid of his salary. It doesn't even count against the cap -- it would be a pure business decision, and a poor one. New Orleans loves him.
    You are probably right...still $14m a year for two years is nothing to sneeze at. Plus Dennis Allen is waiting in the wings.

  8. #18
    I'd be calling 1-800-BFLORES if I were the McCaskeys.

    OTOH, it'd probably be a good idea to get a GM in place first.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I'd be calling 1-800-BFLORES if I were the McCaskeys.

    OTOH, it'd probably be a good idea to get a GM in place first.
    The Chicago Bears will interview Brian Flores for their head coaching vacancy, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    The Chicago Bears will interview Brian Flores for their head coaching vacancy, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
    Well, crap. I hoped the Bears would stay stupid.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •