Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 17 Thread

It's fantasy super bowl week!

I made one, the RJ Dynasty league game. Don't know how, my team was decimated by injuries.

I finished the regular season 7-7 and as the 6th seed despite leading the league in scoring.

I'm in the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in 5 seasons going against the 8th seed who led the league in scoring against.

3 of the last 5 years, a sub-.500 regular season team has won our league.

I have a .723 winning percentage in this league in the five years I've been in it, but have only won it all once, and that was the first year. Got bounced last year by the top record & scoring team in the league, so good to be back in the final game. It's a winner take all league, so second place really sucks.

Comment

Antonio Brown with one of the most bizarre meltdowns in NFL history, walking off the field in the middle of the 3rd quarter, throwing his stuff into the stands, and Arians announces after the game he’s been released

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Antonio Brown with one of the most bizarre meltdowns in NFL history, walking off the field in the middle of the 3rd quarter, throwing his stuff into the stands, and Arians announces after the game he’s been released
        AB is back!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Falcons Kyle Pitts became the first rookie TE in 60 years to top 1,000 receiving yards. He's just 58 yards shy of Mike Ditka's rookie TE receiving mark of 1,076 yards set in 1961 (14 games). Pitts also injured his hamstring in the first half, so he may not play the final week.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I won my 10 team PPR league championship by 71 points. No money in this league. But, lots of fame and glory.

My team went 11-5 and was led by 7th round pick (64th overall) Tom Brady, who i figured would be just ok. He ended up being slightly better than Patrick Mahomes, who was the 15th overall pick.

For the championship game, i benched my 1st round pick (4th overall) RB/WR-Ezekiel Elliot and my 4th round pick WR-Terry McLaurin for mid-December free agent acquisitions RB/WR-Rashaad Penny, and WR-Amon-Ra St. Brown. Penny and Brown both had their best games of the season while Elliot was terrible and McLaurin was ...meh. So, those two moves worked out very well. It was only the 2nd time that i started Penny and the first time that i started St. Brown.

Rounding out the rest of my team was RB-Ekeler (2nd rd), RB-Mixon (3rd rd), WR-Cooper (5th rd), TE-Andrews (6th rd), DEF-San Francisco (8th rd), K-Tucker (9th rd).
            Last edited by madducks; 01-03-2022, 01:17 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Makes you wonder if he's already in Stage 2 CTE.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Makes you wonder if he's already in Stage 2 CTE.
                Dude has been off the reservation since that Burfict hit. Wasn’t he just your “normal-ish” egotistical WR before then? Or do I have a shoddy memory? I guess both could be true.

Comment

I just realized that revo had more net passing yards than Mike Glennon and the Giants had against the Bears. Zero is more than minus ten, right?

Comment

Starting Zeke over Bart Scott yesterday cost me 20 points, so I need Chubb to score less than 6 points to win tonight. Likely 2nd straight year I'm going to dryhump the league title

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Starting Zeke over Bart Scott yesterday cost me 20 points, so I need Chubb to score less than 6 points to win tonight. Likely 2nd straight year I'm going to dryhump the league title
                      Chubb was held to 58 total yards tonight with no TDs. Congrats!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Is there anything Bart Scott can't do?

That game last night was horrific. The offensive playcalling for Cleveland rivaled the Buffalo game with NE for being the most pathetic this year. Baker Mayfield looked like he'd rather make more commercials than football plays. Mike Clay claimed this morning that Chubb may not have played much because, well, Cleveland was out of it so why bother? Yeah, but why did everyone else play? Doesn't make sense. Many, like myself, expected Big Ben to go out on a high note, but he was almost comically inept with a minute 123 yards on a whopping 46 attempts. Tomlin must have forbid Ben from making downfield throws because they know he's cooked. His 2.67 YPA is actually the 2nd lowest in NFL history for a QB with 40+ attempts in a game, behind only Jesse "The Bachelor" Palmer, and his 4.3 YPA in his previous game isn't too far behind.

Good riddance, Ben!

Comment

Is there anything Bart Scott can't do?

That game last night was horrific. The offensive playcalling for Cleveland rivaled the Buffalo game with NE for being the most pathetic this year. Baker Mayfield looked like he'd rather make more commercials than football plays.
                          Baker was bad, no two ways about it. But his OL was an absolute turnstile - heck, TJ Watt had to work harder in 3-cone drills to get around than he did with the Cleveland OL last night. At this point, the Browns just have to pick up Mayfield's option for his last year and see if he improves in 2022.

Per Big Ben, I'm not a Steelers fan and have no dog in the hunt, but he made at least five throws downfield that were good and should have been caught, but Diontae and Washington just dead dropped them.

Comment

That final incomplete to Chubb very late in the game sealed the win for me!

Six year run in this league: .723 winning %, 3 super bowl appearances, 2 titles. Dynasty baby!

That game was so bad to watch with terrible QB play on both sides.

Comment

My 8-year old took home his first championship last night thanks to the no-show from Chubb.

My fantasy performance this year was......less good.

Comment

Working...
                              X